A question for the math guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for the math guys

Can anyone help me figure out the formulas to calculate values for my league? We are a modified 5X5 league. For some reason, we felt the need to be different way back when we started and figuring out values has given me a headache ever since.

We have 11 teams and we have a total budget of $220 per team. We have 20 players per team with a six player reserve list that is not part of the $220. (11 offensive C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, 4 OF, 1 Infield Utility and 1 pure utility) We have 9 pitchers (4 starters, 4 relievers, 1 swing pitcher)

Our offensive categories are BA, HR, RBI, Doubles+Triples and (2X SB's + Runs)
    Our pitching categories are W, ERA, WHIP, ERA and (2X saves +Holds)

Needless to say it is the last category in each that prevents me from just using the custom value generator you guys have developed.

I think the Custom Valuator can handle it excecpt for the SB deal and the Sv + Holds. One easy way is to just click SB's and just click Svs, then make a little adjustment.

Or you can go big time by buy Art McGee's new book and use standings from your league to calculate SGP's and go from there. But not being too smart about those things, that's about all I can say about it.

Comment

You might want to investigate RotoLab (rotolab.com). There are 4 custom categories for hitting and 4 for pitching. That should help you with your last 2 categories. On top of that, it's an awesome tool for draft prep and draft management.
      "As often is the case, GE is right." -- Davitt@HQ

Comment

But just a note that if RotoLab uses HQ data, and HQ data doesn't include Holds, then RotoLab could not cover that category, right?
        MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

Holds are in RotoLab and you can use them in the custom categories (6 hitting and 6 picthing custom categories now). But the user has to project that stat themselves. As far as Holds being projected, to quote Costner, "If they build it, I will come."

-Merv
          RotoLab

Comment

Working...
          X