Link to Column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link to Column

I'd like to review Ron's article on Total Control Drafting from last March, but I can't find a link to it in the archives. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Here is part 1, and here is part 2.

(You weren't looking in the wrong place, they just aren't easy to find.)

Comment

I just re-read the article.

One problem I'm having is combining this:

"Batters with a minimum BPV of 50 and Reliability score of 70."

With this:

"Similar to our typical draft grid strategy, we now want to focus on those grid cells that have deep pockets of talent (minimum three players in that cell) composed only from those names we've highlighted."

In an NL only league, with even just a few keepers per team, there doesn't seem to be enough players who qualify for the stringent 50/70 requirements. The $25 outfield box is the only box that would have at least three names in it.

I'm probably taking the suggestions in the article too literally, and I'm having trouble with the whole Reliability concept anyway, but anybody want to comment on the problem with matching up Ron's suggestions to single leagues? Or will this approach only work in mixed leagues?

Comment

I think you definitely do need to fiddle with the filters based on your own specific environment, Steve.

Comment

Working...
        X