OK ray or HQ, how about a tricky related question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK ray or HQ, how about a tricky related question

what is the assumed budget for the 5x5 projections/$ amounts?
    thanks!

RAY@HQ

12 AL teams or 13 NL teams in the league, $260 per team, roughly 68/32% split between hitting/pitching.

Is that what you wanted to know?

suppose you have a small 9 or 10 team mixed league game going.
    What budget would you have to set, in order to assume that the values in BHQ are identical?
    meaning if soriano is $30 in BHQ for 12 al teams... but i want to set a budget for our league so that soriano would go for $30 .. but we only have 10 players and mixed league.

So, let me get this straight... you're trying to set your league budget in such a way that Soriano will go for $30. You figure Soriano's a $30 player, so however much $ you should give each league member so that Soriano's worth $30, that's what you want to do?

Wow, that's different, if that's what you're saying.

Anyway, the short answer is this: sometime in February, HQ will be rolling out our new "Custom Roto Value" generator. You can plug in league size, budget, etc., and it will spit out player values based on HQ projections, *adjusted to your league parameters*. Once available, I believe you could use this tool to answer your question.

Comment

I'm in the NL, but I'd like to set it up so I can get Helton for $30. That would be very cool...
      "A republic if you can keep it."

Comment

not exactly what i am asking

i am more asking to normalize the pricing of players to ron's projections by reducing the currency in the market.

is that possible?

Comment

Not sure what you mean here, Duncan. Care to elaborate?

Comment

I think he's asking what sized budget it would take in a league of his size so that he can just simply use all HQ values that are currently listed for standard leagues. I don't think something like that can be done. It might be possible to make roster sizes bigger so that the player pool penetration% is comparable. But there is still the problem of it being a mixed league and not AL or NL Only.

Comment

Working...
            X