Data Downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Downloads

I thought to save/download the player data files I was supposed to right click and choose "save target as". But when I right click I'm only seeing "save link as". Is that the same thing (I don't think it is?) or otherwise what am I missing?

Thanks,
    -Mark
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
    Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Are you using Firefox? If so, click on the link and follow the Firefox prompts for opening or saving the file.

Comment

I was using FF but once you pointed that out I just downloaded with IE. Thanks for pointing that out....didn't even think about what browser I was using.

I don't know if I'm the only one or not but I find myself confused by all the files (12) and data there. It seems that in some way or another it should be possible to simplify that?
      "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
      Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Firefox's 'save link as' works the same as 'save file as', I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ
          Firefox's 'save link as' works the same as 'save file as', I believe.
          You are correct; I shouldn't have replied so hastily. Also, Firefox's "save link" is the equivalent to IE's "save target as" on the right-click menu.

Comment

Except that when I use Firefox it wants to save the file as ".php". I just tried it to see if that has any effect and after I save with that extension I can't open the file. The error sends me to this page on file extensions. I tried opening manually from Excel (after doubleclickingg didn't work) and it is totally messed up. Plus, I don't have the option of changing the file extension when saving since the only choice in the drop down menu is "all files".

But IE worked fine so I don't have any problem - other than being overwhelmed by 12 files.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus_ls
              Except that when I use Firefox it wants to save the file as ".php".
              Correct. In Firefox, don't use 'Save Link As' to save the CSV files. Just click the link, you'll be prompted to save the file (as a CSV).

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ
                Correct. In Firefox, don't use 'Save Link As' to save the CSV files. Just click the link, you'll be prompted to save the file (as a CSV).
                Ah! Light dawns on Marble Head. I see now.

And for "confusable" people like me....after you left click the .csv link and choose "save" from FF, you may wonder where it saved to? Answer is the desktop, from which you can move it where you want and rename it.

PS: Massachusetts has a town called Marbelhead, but my head is thick like marble - not sure if that joke works for out of staters?

Comment

So if you were Hawaiian, it would have been "Light dawns on Diamond Head?"
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Working...
                  X