Uganda ISP Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uganda ISP Help

This probably shouldn't be a board posting but I'm getting bouncebacks on Ray's email and don't know what else to try. If HQ wants to grab this info and take it off the board, feel free.

Some of you know I'm in Uganda, and I connect from home through an ISP called Bushnet (www.bushnet.net). They recently switched upstream providers and their latest provider for some reason doesn't let www.baseballhq.com get through (it doesn't let cnn.com get through either, so you're in pretty good company). Those are the only two blocked sites I'm aware of, but there are probably others. They (bushnet) have contacted their provider but are now telling me they have to contact baseballhq.com to get some info. Bushnet's technical support (or at least my account's tech support) is managed by Herbert Wadulo (waduloh@bushnet.net). He's asked me to see if someone at BaseballHQ could send him an email so that he can tell you what's needed in order for Bushnet to be able to make www.baseballhq.com available to its subscribers. I can get on from my office connection using a different ISP no problem, so this is definitely ISP specific.

I know this is an odd request, but not getting HQ at home is really tough, and, well, I've got to cut back by surfing at the office. Can somebody in technical support there email Herbert? Let him know I contacted you and you're following up on why Bushnet can't get baseballhq.com from its provider. Thanks much.

/Tom Fenn

I'll pass it along, fenn... I'll also try sending you another email, see if it gets through in the other direction.

Comment

I just sent a note to Bushnet.
      "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

Thanks much to both of you. Ray, got your email, presume my reply will reach you. I'll post here when I can get on from my house. Thanks again.

Comment

For any others who happened upon this thread as I did.....

At 5:51 AM a single user makes a post about a problem. He immediately gets two responses from HQ personnel and by 9:03 AM same day, mere hours later, the OWNER of the site (Ron) has taken an action to try to remediate the situation.

THIS is what makes HQ GREAT. Where else do you get service like that, honestly!

PS: Keep our Uganda friends in the game! Especially when they are Red Sox fans.
          "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
          Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Originally posted by thfenn
            Thanks much to both of you. Ray, got your email, presume my reply will reach you. I'll post here when I can get on from my house. Thanks again.
            We'll be contacting you to head up the "First Pitch Uganda" planning committee.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus_ls
              At 5:51 AM a single user makes a post about a problem. He immediately gets two responses from HQ personnel and by 9:03 AM same day, mere hours later, the OWNER of the site (Ron) has taken an action to try to remediate the situation. THIS is what makes HQ GREAT. Where else do you get service like that, honestly!
              Well, yeah--but let's not forget that Richard Hidalgo recommendation!
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Merely a small part of what makes HQ great!!!

Title of post says what I wanted---Markus' opinion is not alone.

Comment

OK - I'm impressed, and ecstatic. THANK YOU!. I can now get baseballhq.com at home. No idea as yet what problem Bushnet was having, but it's fixed. Ron, Ray, thanks again and again, and hey, if you, your friends, your readers, your descendents, need anyone or anything in Uganda, let me know. I'm on! - I love it, and I love this site.

Comment

Working...
                  X