This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maisany,

Looks like you spent plenty of time in the batting cage, cuz you took that one deep! It was a pleasure to read.

I wasn't going to reply to the response list of the main thread, mostly because those who come on message boards with rude behavior want an audience, they need the attention. Responding to them just feeds the fire. Well, 50-plus posts later, WMR has certainly received the attention that he craves. .
    Perhaps WMR, if you made your points with more statistical evidence and less insulting rhetoric, you might get better responses to your postings.
    Actually, he got more response being himself . . .the old squeaky wheel makes noise again.

On another message board I frequent, also non-baseball, someone wrote a nasty diatribe. It went eleven days with no response . . .but then someone did reply, which moved it to the top of the board, and then more and more replies, and another rude person got their fix.

In short, my point is when people are rude, when they walk in the door and seem to say, "Look at me, here I am," the best way in my book is to ignore them. And if everyone does that, then one of three things tends to happen: 1) They don't come back (goodbye), 2) they try to fit in (they still get their attention, but they're a pleasure to be with), or 3), they continue to be obnoxious (and ignored. Sooner or later #1 or #2 will happen). Well, there is a fourth thing, and we had to use this to one guy in our league several years ago: show him the way out. He hasn't been missed.

Comment

I don't know if 60 replies, 5 pages and 1886 views is a record, but I'm sure it's close.

Nice job by maisany picking apart the "logic", as it were, of WMR's posts (I'm guessing maisany is an archeologist in his spare time).

And a nice wrap by Kneale as well. How many days till pitchers and catchers report
      Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing there is a field. I'll meet you there. Rumi

Comment

To Maisany and everyone else -

The sad thing here is take all the emotionality and bitterness out of it, and there was a lot to be said in this thread.

Comment

Enough Is Enough?

Points were made, countered, countered again and again.

Can we just put a wrap on this thread and move on to more constructive topics? I am tiring of notificqtions that I have a "reply" on this one.

How about it "administrator"?
          "Specious apologist" for everything Yankees and newly-elected Hall of Famer, five-time World Champion, five-time Gold Glove Award winner, and captain of the Bronx Bombers for twelve seasons - # 2, the great Derek "Just Enough" Jeter

___________ "Maybe it was a computer glitch." - Derek Jeter, upon learning that he had won a Gold Glove ____________

Founder/Commissioner, "Lou Piniella League" est'd 1988 & "LPL 2.0" est'd 2020
          Snake, Mixed, Keeper, 34-man Rosters (15H, 11P, 8 Reserves)
          Owner, DIAMOND CUTTERS - 10X Champions (1988-'89, 1992,'95, 2000-'01-'02, 2013,'15,'18)

Comment

With all due apologies to RJM for continuing this , I just got here and have one question I would like to ask WMR. I should note upfront that while I was thinking of replies to most of the posts as I read them , the length of this thread [ and reading it all at once ] made it impossible to do so. However , my question is ; What are the rules of your league[s] that caused you to use only everyday players and starters in your analysis? I find that it's not a great leap [ lemming pun on word 'leap' not included ] to have a good idea how those players will perform if you watch alot of games and attend some as well. To me , I find alot of value in HQs work on relief pitchers , especially middle guys , and platoon players who you are forced to draft unless you play in a small league.

In fact , I used a ' punt wins ' strategy this past year that took me to the title , and I couldn't have done it without HQs right on takes on some key set up guys.

PS - Thanks for the compliment RR - the feelings mutual.
            \" Quit clouding the issues with the facts! \" Davitt - 07/06/05

\" What we don\'t know , we explain to each other\" J. R. Oppenheimer speaking to fellow physicist Greg Breit.

Ron V's new signature line, "It's drivel, but it's diligent, sleep-deprived drivel!" Patioboater 1/14/06

Comment

Working...
            X