HQ Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HQ Projections

I'm in a 14 team mixed leage. No keepers. No auction values. Just a snake draft every year.

I'm pretty new to the site, but over the last few months I've really had to shake my head in disgust - no, not because of the content. My deal is that I have a degree in Stats and didn't think of any of this stuff. This is all very good work.

My question is: If a hitter with X stats return $10s in an NL league, would the same hitter with the same stats return $10 in an AL league.

As you can see I'm starting early on my draft rankings this year.

Thanks for the help.

Johnny

Re: HQ Projections

Originally posted by Johnny
    My question is: If a hitter with X stats return $10s in an NL league, would the same hitter with the same stats return $10 in an AL league.
    No.

A player's value is based on the level of talent in the player population he resides in. If he's $10 in the NL, the same statistics might represent $9 of value in the more-offense-heavy AL.

Comment

Furthermore, the $$ values you see in our projections are based on 12-team AL or 13-team NL leagues... so a 14-team mixed league will see very different values indeed. We'll be deploying some new tools to help with these conversions soon.

Comment

Thank you for your prompt responses. I'm looking forward to the seeing the tools that will help me with the conversion.

Comment

HQ Projections

Any time frame on these tools to help with conversions? Just curious to know if they will be ready before some leagues start drafting in early Marchl. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Comment

We're hoping to have this all up and running before the end of this month.

RON@HQ

Comment

Working...
            X