Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help - Mack

Ok, first year at the HQ so sorry for the (maybe) dumb question:

1. I assumed that Mack was the program that helped us manage "our" individual leagues. Basically, I thought you inserted the various teams in your league and then could based trades and such on HQ data.

2. I inserted all of the teams and I want to run a report based on projected standings and then run some trade options in the engine in an attempt to get some ground work for working trades for steals.

In short, I can't get the darn thing to work for me. Anyone mind pulling the big crayon and Big Chief Notepad out and helping walk through using Mack?

Thanks a ton in advance.
    James

Let's try this:

To whom should I address this question? Is there a particular support staff person for MACK?

Thanks.

P.S. I know it is a pain in the backside to explain what may be a simple issue.
    James

Comment

James, what specifically isn't working? First off, MACK is NOT designed to be a league stat-tracker... it's not going to calculate standings for you, etc. But if you want to analyze rosters or do trade analysis, that's right in it's wheelhouse.

First step: what always trips up new users is that if you want to see the projected values, you need to pick the column with the 'p' in front of the indicator. For instance, pHR rather than HR. (HR is 0 right now until we include in-season stats starting this Friday).

If you need more help than this, post back here with some more specific info.

Comment

Thanks a ton for the response! My goal is twofold:

1. I want to insert the various teams in my league into Mack and then run end of the season stats (I would like to see where everyone stacks up as of today to help me with some trades).

2. I want to use it to look at potential trades.

Ok, here is what I am doing:

1. Inserted all of the teams. No problem.

2. I attempted to run a report and received zero's. I am going to do the "p" this time around (which of course makes sense). Looks like this issue is probably resolved...will update after I give it a whirl.

3. Concerning trades, I insert the players into the trade analysis and save. I then try to run a report, but nothing happens (not zeros like above) and I am uncertain how to run a compare between the two (or more) players in the potential trade. I went through the instructions on the intro page, and I still get nothing (not even zeros).

In short, looks like #2 above is going to be good to go but I still need help working the trade side of the ledger.

Thanks in advance.
        James

Comment

On the trade assistant, here's what you do... save the players on both sides of the trade into one 'trade assistant' rosters, and pick categories like usual. When you get to the Run Report page, you can use the 'split players' box to set which guys are on which sides of the trade. Then click the 'split the analysis' button at the bottom for the output.

Comment

Is there any way to include more than 12 teams? If not, is there a way to get around this?

Comment

Installing a 2nd browser on your machine is the only workaround. Put 12 in one browser then the rest in the other.

Comment

Also, is there any way to simulate more than 1 league, or would it require the same 2nd browser workaround?

Comment

You've got 12 teams per browser, regardless of how many leagues that corresponds to.

Comment

Another solution for more than 1 league

If you are running XP create a another account, login under that name and you should be able to enter more teams. I just tried using the same browser under my wife's account and the MACK engine appeared fresh. That would allow more than two leagues.

Not the easiest solution, granted, but a solution none the less.

Comment

Working...
                    X