New Custom Valuator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Custom Valuator?

First of all, the Forecaster and HQ are INDISPENSABLE for my annual draft planning. Thanks to the entire staff for the consistent, intelligent insights.

Now the question...

"A new valuator engine is in development and is expected to debut in early February. In the interim, we are making the old engine available on a temporary basis."

Any ETA? Very much looking forward to the improved functionality.

Any day now. It's been blessed by our writers and we're putting the finishing touches on it.

RON@HQ
    "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

I have an unusal league, and even with the bugs from last year, it still helped immensly. I can't wait for the next version. Thanks

Comment

Thanks

I appreciate the quick response.

Can't wait to see it.

Comment

I think tomorrow's the day.

RON@HQ
          "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

Hey guys, looks great, but why no SP, RP option for positions, my league uses seperate slots for Sp and RP, and i think that changes the value of pitching a lot, since starters are required and become more valuable.
            "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

-Nigel Powers (Goldmember)

5*5 HTH 10 teams $380 cap
            Use OPS instead of AVG and Saves +.5Holds.
            28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)
            Daily Lineup changes, Weekly FAAB. 60/40 hitter/pitcher split.

Comment

Go to the 'help' page for the Valuator and send an email to the tech team... see if we can get that put on the 'enhancements' list.

Comment

Thanks Again and a Question

And viola. Looks great guys!

One question: How would you recommend handling a league (like mine) whose categories do not map to the Valuator? For example, we're a 5x5 auction league using OPS and Quality Starts, instead of AVG and Wins, respectively.

I was thinking of inputting the league parameters into the Valuator as a 6x6, using both OBP & SLG (in lieu of OPS) and two pitching stats that might lead to a sold Quality Starts guy (say IP and Wins?).

Any thoughts?

Comment

Shanthi, on the hitting side what you're saying makes sense, but going to 6x6 is going to devalue SBs, HR, RBI and Runs (b/c each category is only worth 1/6 the points, instead of 1/5). You might get better results by dropping BA, replacing it with OBP and adding SLG.

QS are so tough to pin down, but using IP is probably the best approximation available.

Comment

I know my question will not be able to be addressed by the CV and I don't expect it to, but for others who may use this for keeper leagues, how best to factor inflation. Should I calculate what my expected inflation is and then change values by hand? I can prob. just add a column in excell with the values x inflation. Is this what others will do? thanks

Comment

One quick-and-easy way to do that, Doc, would be to adjust the league base salary. For instance, if there's 10% inflation in the league, bump your $260 budget by 10%, to $286. That assumes inflation gets applied equally across the player pool, which isn't the case of course. But that should be "good enough" to make the tool helpful to you.

Comment

good idea Ray, I did not think of that thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ
                          Go to the 'help' page for the Valuator and send an email to the tech team... see if we can get that put on the 'enhancements' list.
                          Ray im still looking, but i cannot find the help page for the valuator, i'll repost if i find it before you respond.
                          "I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You've got no chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

28 man rosters 20 man Farms (C,1b,2b,3b,SS, IF, Of, OF, OF, OF, U, U, 8 SP, 4RP)

Comment

Sorry, it's not a separate page... go to the main page for the Valuator, scroll all the way to the bottom (past the FAQs).

Or I could just tell you the address: it's techsupport@baseballhq.com

Comment

thanks ray, just emailed them.... do you think this is something they will be able to add this season?

Comment

Working...
                              X