HELP, Need Online Game Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP, Need Online Game Suggestions

I've been playing the STATS Fantasy Baseball online game for over 10 years but was advised today that they will not be offering the game in 2006 because they were unable to secure a license from MLB.com. If you aren't familiar with it, the game used a point system like: +2.5 /hit, -0.5/AB, +1 2b, +3 3b, +4HR, +1 R, +1 RBI, etc. for hitting and +3/IP, -1 H, -1 R, -1 ER, +6 W, -5 L, +6SV, +4 HLD, etc. I thought it was a much more intensive game than the traditional Rotissere style, which I had also played.

I'm looking/hoping for suggestions anyone might have as to an online game that they enjoy, find challenging, has other active owners, etc.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Kevin
    kem99@hotmail.com

Kevin-

Welcome to the boards. I don't have an answer to your inquiry, but I do have a piece of advice. Double-posting (i.e. posting the same message in different forums) is frowned upon here. Pick whichever forum you think is best and people will respond.
    If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
    -Bill Lyon

Comment

Hi kem99, I would recommend the points-style games from CDM (www.cdmsports.com). It is a pretty close match to your previous game format. The Budget baseball game by CDM has a one-time entry fee and is the cheapest points-style game by CDM. The Fantasy Baseball game by CDM has larger payouts but also has weekly tranascation fees. For your first time, I would recommend the BB game and give it a go.

In addition, Sporting News and Sports Buff also offer points-style games. Sports Buff has weekly transaction costs and the Sporting News has a nice twist where the dollar salaries for players can change on a daily basis.

Hope that helps, Pete.

Comment

www.baseballmanager.com the most addicting fantasy game on the net. Registration will open in a week to 10 days but i believe they have a tour.

Comment

Working...
        X