Looking for a source that projects Set-up men for HOLDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a source that projects Set-up men for HOLDS

Hi guys. I am in a 6x6 league that uses Holds as a category. (For the 10% of the population thats out there using this category) does anyone know of a good source that lists the 1st options on each team for top right handed set up man and top left handed set up man? I use the Rotolab software and I need to project holds manually and I want to make sure I have the right players identified in each team's bull pen. Thanks!

When predicting Holds, manager preferences (beyond stats) play a big role. So it's difficult to predict holds until the season starts and some things shake out. It's probably already been said before but look for closer worthy BPI's (K's, hr/9, CMD, GB%) in a player not slated to be closer.

In other words, no I don't know a good projection source.....but I'd also be interested if someone finds one.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
    Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Frankly, the best way is to look at last year's Holds leaders (Sportsline can give you that, and I assume ESPN as well) and figure that the veterans on that list will probably do it again unless their circumstances have changed.
      MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

The Inside Pitch Closer Watch is a pretty good resource for identifying set-up guys:
        http://www.theinsidepitch.com/closer_watch.html

I agree with Markus_ls that manager tendancies are key in trying to project Holds. You can get a good idea of how returning managers use their bullpen by looking at previous years' totals.

Also, about a year ago one of the HQ writers posted a list of things to look for in potential Holds candidates. I'll see if I can track it down.

David

Comment

Here's the forum post I mentioned earlier. It includes some guidelines for identifying potential Holds guys:
          http://forums.baseballhq.com/showthread.php?t=4273

Comment

perfect

Good finds dmahlan! I already have my projects put in based on last years incumbents. I also have taken into account role changes that I know of (madson) and players switching leagues. New managers is just another variableto take into consideration too. Thanks guys!

Comment

David Luciani at Baseball Notebook projects holds.
              "As often is the case, GE is right." -- Davitt@HQ

Comment

Lima, Sportslines projections for 2007 include holds.
                "This is fantasy baseball not reality. I have enough of reality everyday. And personally I could care less what others think of the trade."

Mike D., We Be Jammin', Green Diamonds League.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
                  Lima, Sportslines projections for 2007 include holds.

Upon further investigation, those projections are worthless.
                  "This is fantasy baseball not reality. I have enough of reality everyday. And personally I could care less what others think of the trade."

Mike D., We Be Jammin', Green Diamonds League.

Comment

Working...
                  X