Anyone, direct me please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone, direct me please....

Where is the correct place to make suggestions about the site?

I never know whether I should post them here in "HELP" Forum or whether I should click on the "contact HQ" link and send an email? Which is appropriate?

Suggestion 1: It would be great if somehow the start date could be shown in the thread list, not just the most recent post date - especially if you could sort by it, as you can with the most recent date. For older threads that are persisting I find it useful to know when they were started (sometime for good, sometimes for bad).

Suggestion 2: Maybe there should be Suggestion Forum? or a Suggestions Email link? (Is there already one and I'm just stupidly missing it???)

PS: As always, thanks for running a great site and for all the good work you do here!!!
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
    Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Take a look in the User CP under options - you might see some settings of interest, you can change the order threads are displayed, etc.

-Mike

Comment

Linear Mode (Oldest First) - In this mode, posts are displayed chronologically from oldest to newest. Posts are shown in a flat mode so that many posts can be viewed simultaneously.
      Linear Mode (Newest First) - This is the same as the above mode, except that posts are ordered in an opposite way (newest first).
      Threaded Mode - In this mode, a tree is shown along with every post. This tree allows you to see the relationship each post has to others, in terms of who responded to whom. Only one post is shown at a time.
      Hybrid Mode - This mode is a mixture of the linear and threaded modes. The post tree is displayed like in the threaded mode, but multiple posts are displayed simultaneously like in the linear modes.
      Thanks for the suggestion Mike. I believe these are the options you are talking about?

Mike thanks for the input. These are cool features no doubt. But because they only operate within the "thread level" and not the "forum level" they can't be used for what I had in mind. Let me illustrate what I'm looking for:

I wanted to review the threads in HQ Forums Mixed Draft League. I seached for "from the beginning". Here's what it contains:
      1. 1/14 Interestings..... (1/12)
      2. 1/15 Traditional..... (1/14)
      3. 1/21 HQ Members..... (1/10)
      4. 2/16 Yahoo signups..... (2/16)
      5. 2/17 Yahooooo.....(2/17)
      6. 2/18 Draft Date.....(1/12)
      17. 3/7 List of teams.....(2/18)

From the forum level you can only see this order and the first date and name. The date in parentheses can be seen only if you are in the thread (and is not sortable that I know of). So in this case, you actually want to read thread #3 first because that is the one that started it. And thread #6 is also better read before threads #4 and #5. Similarly thread #17 gets displaced after a bunch of stuff that comes later.

It's not terrible as is. Not at all. It's workable. But I'm suggesting....
      (a) if the start date could be shown at the Forum level (as it is here) it would help tremendously, and
      (b) if threads were sortable by this it would be even more cool.

Note: When displaying threads you also have options for ordering by
      Thread title, Number of Replies, Number of Views, Thread Starter, and Thread Rating. This is probably where "First Post Date" should be, no? I find it odd that number of views and rating, which I never use, are in this list but start date is not.

Again, just offering up suggestions. I am very happy and appreciate (much) all the work you guys do to make this the BEST fantasy baseball site (and Forum!).
      "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
      Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Working...
      X