Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible Forecaster error?

Hi,
    I realize MLE's adjust a player's stats for his appropriate minor league situation, but on page 187 of the new Forecaster, Jeremy Hermida shows a 3% BB rate, with only 10 walks. Did a digit get dropped here? Just curious. Thanks!
    Richard Fish

I have tried to email this to HQ, but I get error messages or my email bounced back to me, thus this posting.

I can't answer the forecaster error - but could you please post the error you got when you tried to send an email. Thanks.

Comment

10 walks divided by (386 at bats + 10 walks) = 3% when rounded to the nearest whole percentage point. I don't see the error.
      "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

0.252525... to be precise, or 3% after rounding, as Michael notes.
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

The calculation is correct, but the data is wrong. Hermida walked 111 times in the minors last year, so yes, it looks like we lost a digit somewhere. I'll post corrected data to the baseballforecaster.com website as soon as I can.

RON@HQ
          "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

Working...
          X