Must log in every time I visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must log in every time I visit

... any ideas on why I 'm now required to re-log in every time i check the forums? The new server doesn't seem to recognize me today, although it did yesterday and last night.
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance." -- James Madison

There was another outage late last night, I bet that just cleared the login information. Hopefully won't be an issue going forward.

Comment

Kef it seems to be working now for me. I saved it yesterday as well. I saved it this morning and came on and everything was still saved.

Comment

Nope. Had to log in again just now, even though I'm clicking "Remember me" after everytime I do it.

Comment

I'm not having that happen. I'm assuming you allow cookies, right?
          MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

Me either nick. Its working here as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kefischer
              Nope. Had to log in again just now, even though I'm clicking "Remember me" after everytime I do it.
              Do you keep all your cookies, or do you have any software that protects some and deletes the others? I do the latter, and I had to protect a new cookie this morning after the login issue.

Comment

Do I keep cookies? I guess so. Here's what I do know: I have not changed this computer one iota. It worked on the old forum; it worked yesterday. It does not work today. Why? I have no idea.

And when I click the big HG logo at the top of the page to return to the main site, I get asked for my log-in there too, even though I just entered it 30 seconds ago when I arrived ...

Comment

Just checked, worked for me to just now.

Try clearing your cache, deleting all your existing cookies, etc. Maybe something in there got corrupted during one of the updates. If that doesn't work, post back here and I'll ask our tech team.

Comment

I'm finding the same characteristics as kefischer - have to constantly reenter my forum name and password (despite clicking 'remember me') and then having to reenter HQ username and password after clicking on the logo to return to the home page.

Haven't tried clearing cache and cookies yet...I'll do that next.

Dave

Comment

I haven't tried, "remember me" but something is different:
                      - I used to login, keep my browser open all day, and then just check back from time to time. Now it logs me out after 5 minutes or so of inactivity. (Which is actually okay.) I wondered whether this is part of the new "who's online" system??? Who's online won't work well if people are logged on for hours but inactive.

- I used to login to HQ main, then login to the Forums. Today I had to login to HQ main, login again when I clicks forums, then login to the forums as usual. There was an "extra" third login in there. Don't know why?
                      "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
                      Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Those of you having re-login problem: what browser are you using?

Comment

Just to add some information to the problem: I use Firefox, and I'm not having any difficulties.

Comment

Guys... As I understand it, the forums are on our new server but the rest of the site is still on the old server. I am assuming that is the reason you are asked to log in again. Once we're all on the new server within the next few weeks, that problem should go away. MikeK - feel free to disagree with my assessment...

Ron

Comment

I'm using Explorer.

Comment

Working...
                              X