No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Markus_ls
    There is no "custom avatar" button on my display. Really. Not in Edit Avatar or Edit Profile Picture (which IS displaying the .pgn picture right now). Plus I went through every option on the left side menu.

Is it possible you have a different view because you are @HQ? (special permissions?)
    Hmm. Under "edit options", is the "show avatars" box selected?

Comment

Appreciate The Help, but ............

nothing worked.

Maybe the new format will do the trick, but I don't have the "Custom" button either. Back to square one!
      "Specious apologist" for everything Yankees and newly-elected Hall of Famer, five-time World Champion, five-time Gold Glove Award winner, and captain of the Bronx Bombers for twelve seasons - # 2, the great Derek "Just Enough" Jeter

___________ "Maybe it was a computer glitch." - Derek Jeter, upon learning that he had won a Gold Glove ____________

Founder/Commissioner, "Lou Piniella League" est'd 1988 & "LPL 2.0" est'd 2020
      Snake, Mixed, Keeper, 34-man Rosters (15H, 11P, 8 Reserves)
      Owner, DIAMOND CUTTERS - 10X Champions (1988-'89, 1992,'95, 2000-'01-'02, 2013,'15,'18)

Comment

I think there's some difference between my permissions and your permissions. I've reported this to the tech team. Probably just an oversight when setting up the new forum.

Comment

Ok everybody! You can now have "custom user titles"- and avartar uploads are now enabled as well. Sorry about that!

Mike
          BaseballHQ Tech Team

Comment

tells me my old Avatar jpeg file is an "invalid file" when i try to upload it.
            "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance." -- James Madison

Comment

kefischer: what size is the file you are trying to upload?

-Mike

Comment

Nope, and the jpeg is only 2.70 KB. Still get an "invalid file" message when I click save.

Comment

Well, I resaved the file as a gif and it worked. Didn't like jpeg for some reason.

Comment

I got the same thing for my file. Luckily I had 3 versions of it (.jpg, .gif, .pgn). It allowed the last two but not the first one. (First one was good yesterday though) All are small and below the new 100x100 pixel req. Don't know why this happens. Maybe try saving in a different format?

Edit to add: Beat me to it!!!
                    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
                    Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Interesting... not sure why it's anti-jpeg but I will take a look into it.
                      -Mike

Comment

Works for me...

And kudos to Mike for his quick response...
                        Let every child available for adoption become eligible for adoption..

Comment

Hmm, it says "Steve NY" and there's a huge logo from some Philadelphia team. I think the avatar function is still not working properly (lol).

Comment

I was thinking the same thing Tom. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by TOM@HQ
                              Hmm, it says "Steve NY" and there's a huge logo from some Philadelphia team. I think the avatar function is still not working properly (lol).
                              Transplanted by marriage...Long Island is the last place I thought I'd end up...my earliest baseball memory is September 1964, Callison hits three homers and the Phils lose 14-8 in September...I go back to Joe Lis, Roger Freed, the opening of the Vet (I was there) and Carlton in 1972 (which, by the way, is still the best single-season performance in Major League history).
                              Let every child available for adoption become eligible for adoption..

Comment

Originally posted by Steve NY
                                Carlton in 1972 (which, by the way, is still the best single-season performance in Major League history).
                                I had no idea that Carlton's 1972 was that impressive. I have always used Bob Gibson's 1968 as the benchmark starting pitching season of all time.
                                "As often is the case, GE is right." -- Davitt@HQ

Comment

Working...
                                X