Bernie Castro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernie Castro

He has been up since Sept 1, any reason there are no projections?

Still no Bernie Castro numbers? Surprised the Rotolab lemmings havent had anything to say.

Comment

If you want a response, calling people "lemmings" might not be the best way to go about asking for one.
      "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by lebeau
        Still no Bernie Castro numbers? Surprised the Rotolab lemmings havent had anything to say.
        From the subscriber home page:

"The player projections have been wrapped up for 2005. All listings of projections, in PlayerLink and the MACK Team Tracker have been discontinued."

If you look, you'll see that there are no longer PlayerLink projections for any player.

Comment

Castro was called up Sep 1, I first posted Sep 9 and repeated today. When were projections discontinued? Today?

I expected there to be a line for Castro on the projections given the Sept 1 callup.

If the Rotolab "followers" were keeping up they would have had null readings or would have to enter Castro into their database--as I did.

Nobody ever says "Sorry we missed that one"

Comment

WOW man. You need to relax again some. Like Tom said. If you read the home page projections have been suspended on sept 1. Your first posting was made after sept 1st. Since rotolabs projections use HQ's it would make sense that rotolab wouldnt have the projections as well.

PS as Michael said as well. Calling people "lemmings" isnt the fastest way to get a response from people.

Comment

I cut and pasted this for you as well. As soon as you sign on the home page.

Welcome to BaseballHQ.com!

September 16-23 Notes
              The player projections have been wrapped up for 2005. All listings of projections, in PlayerLink and the MACK Team Tracker have been discontinued. Final stat/sabermetric files will be posted on October 3.

Spells it out pretty much for you. Your best bet would be to check out the daily call ups.

Comment

Thanks Circle. I just post what BHQ makes available, I think 9-9 was the final set. Not sure what the purpose of using words like "followers" and "lemmings" to describe RotoLab users is for. If he thinks Castro should have been in the 9-9 projections, I guess he would have to ask BHQ about that.

-Merv

Comment

C'mon guys! Castro was up on Sept 1, the last stat update was Sept 9.

That was the original question.

Would "Rotolab Disciples" be a better way of phrasing? Circle, Michael- dont be so sensitive.

I realize you guys may be pretty young but for me Lemmings were the funny little creatures that ran across my computer screen way back when I had my first desktop. pretty clever game actually for the times.

Merv- How did rotolab handle the missing data for projection purposes?

Comment

Hi lebeau, the program doesn't know any data is missing, because the database is open-ended - you can add as many players as you like. It reads in the projection file and updates as many players as it can find. The ones that are left, are added to the database by the user. So the program itself on 9-9 would not know that Castro is missing, it would just show up in the list of players to add after the import (since it couldn't find him in the player database).

-Merv

Comment

I don't do the projections, so I'll just hazard a guess. Castro was called up on 9/1, and it wasn't very clear how much playing time he would get. Last set of projections was posted on 9/9, so either he was ignored, or it was decided that any forecast at that point would be nothing more than a wild guess.

Comment

Thanks Guys, appreciate the response.

My attempt at writing code takes all my league team rosters, all existing data, all projected data, and spits out projected standings. When a player like Castro is missing from the data but is on a roster causes my macros to go bonkers. I have to go back to the data and enter a guess. Its usually a good idea to use a HQ guess rather than mine.

In my league the SB category may determine the title. I passed on Castro but his 4 sb's that were eligible in my league would have meant 1 point to me. Luckily it looks like the team that picked him up may pass the team directly in the standings challenging me for the title so the net results are null.

Merv, does Rotolab project standings as the season goes on?

Tom, I believe I've seen projections of zeros for some players. I thought Castro was on BAL radar scope for much of the year so was a little confused why he wasn't one of them.

Comment

C'mon guys! Castro was up on Sept 1, the last stat update was Sept 9.

That was the original question.

Would "Rotolab Disciples" be a better way of phrasing? Circle, Michael- dont be so sensitive.

I realize you guys may be pretty young but for me Lemmings were the funny little creatures that ran across my computer screen way back when I had my first desktop. pretty clever game actually for the times.

Merv- How did rotolab handle the missing data for projection purposes?

lebeau. It's not being sensitive. Im speaking for myself not for Michael of corse. I can see you just joined the forum about a month ago. You have 10 posts and the majority of them are complaints. Which is fine. Everyone has complaints. Coming off with an attitude or a higher then though response. Will kinda ensure when you do ask a question you wont get a response back too quickly. I dont know what other forums or boards you have posted on or do post on. But we are pretty tame and calm compared to other boards. Sorry making obscure comments like "lemmings" I had no idea what that meant but coming from your comments it didnt sound all too pleasant.

To answer your rotolab question you can input changes throughout the season and every friday up UNTIL Sept 1st. The updates are ready for rotolab by noon at the latest. So you can input them in and make whatevery roster changes for peoples teams and will show the projections.

Im sure merv will have a more technical answer then me. But thats the cliff not version there.

Comment

Thanks Guys, appreciate the response.

My attempt at writing code takes all my league team rosters, all existing data, all projected data, and spits out projected standings. When a player like Castro is missing from the data but is on a roster causes my macros to go bonkers. I have to go back to the data and enter a guess. Its usually a good idea to use a HQ guess rather than mine.

In my league the SB category may determine the title. I passed on Castro but his 4 sb's that were eligible in my league would have meant 1 point to me. Luckily it looks like the team that picked him up may pass the team directly in the standings challenging me for the title so the net results are null.

Tom, I believe I've seen projections of zeros for some players. I thought Castro was on BAL radar scope for much of the year so was a little confused why he wasn't one of them.

As for Castro being on Baltimores radar all yr. Looking at the beginning of the yr, he didnt make the Orioles top 20 prospects. He wasnt on the top 100 prospects at the beginning of the year. So not sure he was on their radar all year. Maybe thats a question better asked in the minor league section for Rob or Deric. The two main minor league guys. Who know their stuff. Just a heads up for you.

Comment

<<<<<<<
                              >>>>>>>

Guys, my last post on this thread, trying to get everything taken care for Hurricane Rita before Friday, I live in Texas. RotoLab will spit out projections using the BHQ projections for you league from that point of the season on. But that is not the same as full projected standings because RotoLab doesn't know what your current league standings are. Some users export the results to Excel, then add in their current stats to get true year-end projections. And on that note I am taking a strong look in putting functionality in that will allow the user to do this inside RotoLab. But that this point your league stats would not be importable because of all the different formats of the stat companies out there (will take a look at that in the future, though).

-Merv

Comment

Working...
                              X