Teaching auction baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teaching auction baseball

Is there someplace to get a step by step manual on how to run an auction?

I'm sure there are books out there but after being in auctions for 15 years, the guidance in teh books is limited. So much of handling auctions is knowing the competition - who gets caught up in the bidding, who likes certain types of players, etc. There is some validity to nominating players where you are strong when people are caught up in the heat of the bidding, nominating players who are good on the surface (aging veterans, players with poor base skills) to force others to fill their rosters, name rookies - particularly pitchers - who will probably struggle). Ultimately, you will develop a style which you immediately need to mix up on occasion since otehrs will be tryign to pick up trends.

Comment

2 things

1 i am talking about a step by step guide to the mechanics of a league's first time in a draft (switching from straight).. like, how do you actually do it??

2) when you nominate someone do you give a price right away?

Comment

I don't know about switching from straight to auction as we have always used auction. The original rotisserie guide might have a guide on how to run an auction. Also, try fantasybaseballcentral.com as they have links to hundreds of sites. In their first section, "1. Draft Day Help, Strategy& Advice", they have links on how to set up a league, particularly towards the bottom of the section. That may prove helpful. In particular, try this site - www.letsplay2.com/baseball/rules.cfm. Good luck.

Comment

nothing there

what i really need is a sample consititution, and a sample draft.

any ideas?

ps there was nothing at that link you gave..

Comment

I just went to the site. At the first screen, select "Go to the Fantasy Baseball Headquarters". Then at the Quick Hits drop down menu at the top, select "Suggested Rules" and click Go. That should get you to the rules. Otherwise, you can access it through the FanTasy Baseball Central site. I got there both ways today. Good luck.

Comment

There are many ways to run an auction. You could have someone nominate a player with a price, or just always start the player at the minimum bid. Some leagues also just go through team rosters or by position and people have to bid that way. I don't know of any specific sites for it. Maybe something like the "expert" leagues in their constitutions. I guess use that as a guide and then use whatever your league is comfortable with.

Comment

Working...
              X