Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is Michael Fishman, and why did the Yankees hire him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Michael Fishman, and why did the Yankees hire him?

Consulting kick

For someone in the last year of his contract, Cashman sure has been on a hiring kick lately, having added not one but two consultants within the last couple of weeks. In addition to former Red Sox manager and pitching coach Joe Kerrigan, he hired Michael Fishman, who used to be an actuary for an insurance company in Manhattan.

Whereas Kerrigan's specialty will be in scouting, Fishman's will be more in statistical analysis. Fishman also worked with Wall Street Journal sports columnist Sam Walker on a book project. "He's part of my R&D team," Cashman said.

Trust me
    If you don't tell me what I want to know then it'll just be a question of how much you want it to hurt
    The only reason that you're conscious right now is I don't want to carry you
    I have killed two people since midnight. I haven't slept in over 24 hours. So maybe you should be a little more afraid of me than you are now
    I'm gonna need a hacksaw
    You're responsible for the deaths of David Palmer, Tony Almeida and Michelle Dessler. They were friends of mine-Bang
    I can't do this anymore

Hmmmm.......I wonder if that's the same Michael Fishman who plays in the CDM games as "Puffins", and has the website www.playingthepercentages.com......given the odds, I'm pretty sure it is......
    \"Smile while you\'re makin\' it,
    Laugh while you\'re takin\' it,
    Even though you\'re fakin\' it,
    Nobody\'s gonna know.\"

Comment

I can hear Steinbrenner now - "They got a stat guy? We gotta get a stat guy! I know somebody!!"

Comment

Yes , but the question is , is he the same Michael Fishman who played DJ on the Roseanne show.
        \" Quit clouding the issues with the facts! \" Davitt - 07/06/05

\" What we don\'t know , we explain to each other\" J. R. Oppenheimer speaking to fellow physicist Greg Breit.

Ron V's new signature line, "It's drivel, but it's diligent, sleep-deprived drivel!" Patioboater 1/14/06

Comment

Working...
        X