Seth Halvorsen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seth Halvorsen?

He's pitched in 8 games and has 2 wins, 2 holds, 8 Ks and an ERA of 0.00 but he's not even listed on Colorado's depth chart.

I picked him up in my NL Only keeper league. The guy is throwing 101 mph sinkers and looks wicked good.

Comment

I have posted several messages about this guy on the NL Fishin' thread in the past couple of days, but my teasing has been to no avail.

Vodnik pitched the 6th this afternoon with Rocks down 6-2, so I likely use my final move of the season to grab "The Cipher" and dump VV with hopes he opens '25 as the closer.
      NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
      our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
      a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Scoresheet View Post
        He's pitched in 8 games and has 2 wins, 2 holds, 8 Ks and an ERA of 0.00 but he's not even listed on Colorado's depth chart.
        Will get his page live.

Comment

Rockies handed the mop to Kinley in the 9th down 6-2, and he was terrible - with JLawrence entering to surrender Kinley's third run.

calling my shot here: Halvorsen gets the next SV opp vs LA this weekend, and the second one as well...
          our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.

Comment

You're probably right, Howie. But will he still be as effective once he gets a Playerlink page?

Comment

NL pop up prospect of the month, unless it is Billy Cook.
              http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

Comment

Halverson now in Playerlink

Comment

Originally posted by Howie M View Post

calling my shot here: Halvorsen gets the next SV opp vs LA this weekend, and the second one as well...
                  Halvorsen warming up to take on the 1-2-3 LAD HOFers with a slim COL 4-3 lead as Rockies try to expand the edge top 9.

Blackmon 2-run HR for 6-3 !

now, here we go

LIVE FEED ahead off national MLB Network TV feed I'm watching.....

Ohtani - first-pitch single
                  Mookie - fly out
                  Ohtani 90 pct meaningless SB
                  Freeman - 100 mph outside to 2-2 count, foul, 3-2, foul, juuuust low so BB
                  mound trip
                  Teoscar as tying run before 52K sellout crowd - first-pitch flyout
                  Edman (the last scary Dodgers batter) - walk to load the bases
                  Muncy - whiff, bad K call to 0-2/Dodgers homer booth whines, and 100 mph cheese blows swinging Muncy away

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED !

SH will get no tougher lineup for 9th for many years

GO GET HIM
                  Last edited by Howie M; 09-21-2024, 11:06 PM.

Comment

"calling my shot here: Halvorsen gets the next SV opp vs LA this weekend, and the second one as well..."

BOOM, GOES THE DYNAMITE !

notice I didn't say he'd succeed both times.

this kid faced the top of the LA lineup last night, and survived a stressful 20-pitch outing.

the Rockies are SO stupid that they sent him out there again today with a 1-run lead - and the same lineup.

Ohtani HR
                    Betts HR

ballgame over.

no one sets up their youngsters to fail more often than the Rockies

Comment

"Closer only on the road unless the other team is bringing good hitters to the plate" is a difficult job description though.
                      http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

Comment

See, he gets a PlayerLink page and he gets clobbered.

In the words of Marvelous Marv Throneberry...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by usualsuspects View Post
                          "Closer only on the road unless the other team is bringing good hitters to the plate" is a difficult job description though.
                          Ha yes! The Rockies should totally make him the closer but protect him from facing Ohtani on back to back days in save opportunities!!

Comment

I saw Halvorsen's stressful SV scenario the night before.

29 other teams would not have sent him back out there for that same 1-2-3 the following night.

if those 3 Hall of Famers are not the best 1-2-3 hitting trio ever, I'd like to see the group that is better.

calling that trio "good hitters" is like saying "peak Halle Berry is reasonably attractive."

"Closer only on the road unless the kid faced the all-time great trio the night before and threw 20 pitches in surviving, then is asked to do so again the next night" would be a far, far more accurate description.

Comment

Working...
                            X