8-day pitcher matchup tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-day pitcher matchup tools

On subject table showing individual SP ratings for upcoming week -- I see a column headed "Last 5 PQS" which in past years I studied carefully. It is now BLANK. I know nobody has had 5 starts, but can't you show the PQS for the starts that HAVE been made? Thanks!

That will be added this week. We're almost done building all of the PQS logs.

Comment

Thank you Ray!

Comment

Is there an update to PQS logs? I'm on the Daily Matchups and still see nothing as of today. Want to ensure I am not a total moron and looking in the wrong place or missing it somehow? I too rely on the PQS logs heavily! Thanks BHQ!
        NL Heroes Roto League, est. 1990
        *2003 Champion
        *2019 Champion
        Commissioner 2016 - Present
        5x5 Auction NL-Only (OBP, SV+HLD/2) 10-Team Dynasty Format​

Comment

PQS logs are ready, I just need to post them on the site. Should be up this afternoon. And now that they're ready, we can get the Last 5 PQS popped into the SP Matchups tool too.

Comment

Awesome, thanks Ray!!
            NL Heroes Roto League, est. 1990
            *2003 Champion
            *2019 Champion
            Commissioner 2016 - Present
            5x5 Auction NL-Only (OBP, SV+HLD/2) 10-Team Dynasty Format​

Comment

Speaking of Matchups, at what point in the season are the pitcher ratings based primarily on outcomes and skills from the current season? Is it 5 PQS starts? A better reader than I probably knows the answer to this, but I was unable to discern it from this very erudite article: https://www.baseballhq.com/articles/...-matchups-tool.
              Analyst

Comment

It's basically this table:

Eventually we came to create a tiered projection, where we used a different formula based on the TBF in the last 30 days.

Tier 0: TBF30 < 10 Tier 1: 10 ≤ TBF30 < 50 Tier 2: 50 ≤ TBF30 < 100 Tier 3: TBF30 ≥ 100

Tier 0 used only the projected K% and park factor as input. The other tiers used all of our input parameters, weighted differently by tier, to produce an output formula.
                So once a pitcher is at >100 BF over 30 days, you're mostly weighted on the in-season data as opposed to the projected data.

Comment

Working...
                X