No announcement yet.

Command/Control Metrics gone for good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command/Control Metrics gone for good?

Are the command and control metrics that we had for pitchers now gone, or are they coming back with a future update? And I'm sure its a known issue, but the overall BPV's for pitchers seems to be off too!

I apologize if this has been talked about already!

1> Yes, we're basically ripping the bandaid and finishing the conversion to % based metrics. Ctl/Dom/Cmd are still in the CSV projection files, I believe but that's about it. Really, % based numbers are just more accurate, we've been kind of co-existing them together for a few years, but it's time to make the transition fully.

2> Similarly, we're trying to standardize on BPX rather than BPV (BPX being the same as BPV just scaled differently, so that 100 is league average.) The labeling between BPX and BPV in some places on the site is wrong (playerlink says BPV but it's showing BPX, for instance). We'll have that cleaned up soon.

Comment

Got it, thank you for the confirmation!

Comment

I don't see them in the CSV export. With that said will there be a "cheater's bookmark" with the benchmarks, i.e "bad over/under" "best under/over), etc??

Comment

Yes, we have this in the article we posted when we first made the switch: https://www.baseballhq.com/articles/...-based-metrics

(Sorry, the table formatting there got a little wonky in the web site transition.)

Comment

Thanks Ray. I missed that article!!

Comment

Yeah, it's a great reference.

Comment

Is there a table for 2024 like the "cheater's bookmark"....indicating what the above average percentages are, what's league average, and what's below average??

Comment

Cheater's Bookmark is an actual Forecaster feature, it appears on the back page again in this year's edition. It's not currently posted on the site.

Comment

well, that's what I get for not buying the forecaster......

Comment

Send an email to support@baseballhq.com...

Comment

Working...
                      X