No announcement yet.

MAC Tool gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those of us who miss MACK are probably the older generation, so we are dwindling away and will soon no longer be anyone's problem! I must have "missed" that site analytics poll, so that's on me. Yes, I do like the HQ writers and the HQ "unique" look at stats, which I don't get at any other site. MACK was where I could get a bird's eye view of all of my teams, so I really don't understand how it became too difficult to keep on HQ. Can we pay $5 extra for it?...

Comment

I applaud BHQ for its transparency and allowing us to complain. The Forum is valuable to me, and your willingness to allow contrary opinions is courageous. Thank you.
      Analyst

Comment

The site changeover timing- during draft season- and the lack of continuity and formats of the CDG and the discontinuation of MACK were a poor read by whoever made the decisions. Sometimes there are features that get less usage and if you measure the importance of those features and tie them to loyalty you get a different picture and additional decision criteria.

The current league MACK is unusable. All of my leagues run on CBS and Fantrax which I'll guess account for two of the top three league sites (ESPN being the other and maybe NFBC is up there). To not have a connector to either of those sites renders league MACK useless. BBHQ's response sounds like hallow corporate positioning- maybe a sign of the influence of USA Today vs. the original BBHQ staff (or at least one can hope). Glad I spent so much updating all my teams in Mack just a few weeks before it got eliminated
        "The key to being a good manager is keeping the people who hate me away from those who are still undecided." - Casey Stengel

Comment

A lot of mistakes WERE made, and I have no interest in having any particular person/s called out here.

but yes, as much feedback as we have gotten - and it has indeed been extensive - I think we're still one post short in terms of something like "the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and we did not ever expect to drive on that road all the way into mid-April. and yet, here we are." (unless I missed it.)

that said - swallowing that bitter pill, if we're being totally honest, would be very difficult for just about any of us to handle. and that's why I mostly have "held my powder."

only seemed fair to let HQ folks get through "the five stages." even more difficult when, I assume, many upgrades have been successful along with the swing and misses.
          NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
          our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
          a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

The fact that no one from BBHQ has even acknowledged people’s frustrations about this other than, “Sorry, if you don’t use the 4 services that lets you synch, you are pretty much SOL. We are working on the other websites. But, there is no ETA.”
            Here is a wise business decision: Until you know that the other companies will synch with your new system, don’t release the product until then! And, leave well enough alone(the old MAC tool) and keep that for now.
            And, people making excuses for them. They were too busy with the Forecaster book? Are you serious? How is that our problem? That Forecaster book is pretty useless once the season starts anyways.
            I would suggest the powers that be at BBHQ admit that the ball was dropped this season and figure out ways to keep your customers for next year. Like, offering people who can’t use the new MACK tool a significant discount for next season or even offering a free year because this is ridiculous!

Comment

I can understand peoples frustrations and that is no slight to Ray and Brent and the entire HQ team. I’ve been a subscriber since 2012 and may not return next season. The roll out was rough and not sure why anyone thought rolling it out in Feb and March was a good idea. November/December would have made much more sense regardless of someone saying the forecaster was more important. The league syncs was a huge disappointment as to not have the biggest sites available yet rotowire and fantasy pros have them available. I still have to disable my ad blocker to access the site which frustrates me. Everyone has a right to voice their opinion in a respectful way. HQ isn’t cheap compared to other sites, so therefore the expectations should be higher, but and hopefully they can do something to restore their trust in their customers once the dust settles.
              All I want out of life is that when I walk down the street, folks will say, "There goes the greatest hitter who ever lived."

Ted Williams

Comment

Working...
              X