MAC Tool gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAC Tool gone?

I cannot seem to find the MAC tool. Is it discontinued?

It is discontinued. Details here: https://www.baseballhq.com/articles/support/faq

Comment

All I know is this - I have probably been a member of Baseball HQ for up to 20 years at least. I have never seen such a mess as what I have seen with the new "improved" web site - I started my draft prep prior to the site change and "poof" - new updated downloadable files are completely different formats that previously used. Some parameters are non existent, negative ABs (what is a negative AB?). The Scoresheet aids for platoon players are nowhere to be found. In the past the platoon adjustments were visible to calculate platoon differences for lineup creation. They are now nowhere to be found. You click the Scoresheet link and all that is listed is their fielding range number?!? That's a big help. I can get that info from the player list posted by Scoresheet on their web site for free. I previously used the MACK engine to track ALL of my players performances. Gone. Please tell me that there will be something equivalent to the MACK Engine going forward. Baseball HQ has gone from organized to bedlam, all while trying to prepare for a fantasy baseball draft. Sorry for the piss and vinegar - but this really stinks.

Comment

I used the Mack Team Tracker ... a lot. I'll miss it. It was a good draft day tool in keeper leagues, to keep track of stats, via projections.
        Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that ... George Carlin

1st Place ... 2010 HQFML & 2011 HQFML. Who says "lightning never strikes twice" ;-)

Comment

Is there a Tutorial available, for using the new site?
          Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that ... George Carlin

1st Place ... 2010 HQFML & 2011 HQFML. Who says "lightning never strikes twice" ;-)

Comment

Rolling updates posted here, and there are two links at the top to the Welcome article and new site FAQs. Check out all of those and you should be up to speed...

Comment

I like the ability to sync the new MACK tracker to some (emphasis on "some") services. That would be invaluable. However, the leagues I am in don't use a service that links. That is understandable and not a complaint.

The issue is you took away the old MACK tool as you put up the new one. The old MACK was a great tool for building and tracking custom targets and select players. That disappeared. So if some leagues don't sync, you have taken away a service completely. We're left high and dry with no transition.

Let's face it, this changeover was poorly conceived and executed.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                It is discontinued. Details here: https://www.baseballhq.com/articles/support/faq
                It is not explained in this linked FAQ.

Comment

I'm still "holding my powder" for now, but the elimination of MACK..... I still don't understand it, and I am not nearly alone.

ideally, there was some sort of formal or informal polling/focus groups etc months ago that led to a conclusion (even if misplaced) that subscribers either were dissatisfied with MACK, or chafing for something more modern.

HQ is generally excellent at transparency, imo. not sure I have seen a ton of that on the MACK issue. I do think elaboration would be productive - even if the end bottom line is "ok, in retrospect..."

nobody - nobody - is perfect. especially me.
                  NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
                  our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
                  a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Hockett View Post

It is not explained in this linked FAQ.
                    Sorry, that was the wrong link, try this one: https://www.baseballhq.com/articles/...t-our-new-site

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Hockett View Post
                      I like the ability to sync the new MACK tracker to some (emphasis on "some") services. That would be invaluable. However, the leagues I am in don't use a service that links. That is understandable and not a complaint.

The issue is you took away the old MACK tool as you put up the new one. The old MACK was a great tool for building and tracking custom targets and select players. That disappeared. So if some leagues don't sync, you have taken away a service completely. We're left high and dry with no transition.

Let's face it, this changeover was poorly conceived and executed.
                      I side with this poster.

The roll out here of your "new and improved" site is getting really frustrating. If you are going to have a MACK engine with sinked sites and you have a bunch of sites that aren't sinkable, why don't you have the option of the old Mack engine? i used that all the time to figure out what my needs would be within my league and now I am left blind.

Short sided decision here on the MACK and I am not a happy camper with the issues on this site now.

Just do better.
                      Last edited by teddyballgame; 04-08-2024, 02:33 AM.

Comment

The whole new site rollout has been so bad that I stopped using this site for draft prep. The decision to do the rollout during draft season is baffling.
                        The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Comment

The MACK engine was a lot of the reason I subscribe to HQ. The new league "sink" is of no value to me as a Scoresheet player. I may just drop HQ next fall and only purchase the Forecaster each year. That is how much dropping MACK means to me. I do like the quick responses that I have received for past questions, so I'm not knocking the staff here. It was a poor decision to drop MACK. It has been stated MACK had basically outlived its usefulness, correct? Who came up with that decision? Programmers? It was simple and elegant...

Comment

I will be cancelling my subscription due to the cancellation of the MACK tool. This has been the most useful thing to me on the website for many, many years. I don't play Fantasy, and don't participate in leagues other than playing APBA Baseball. I have been a subscriber for probably 30 years. Attended my first Arizona gathering in 1997. MACK let me see my players each day on several APBA leagues, and is a valuable tool for getting to know and watch players who will be in our drafts for next year. The various sites that are proposed a sources for "teams" don't work because you can't have players on several teams. In MACK, you could have five or six teams where the same player was on multiple ones. I don't see how this is possible now. I simply don't care about the modern stats that fill the pages on BaseballHQ now. Barrels, exit velocity, and dozens of them mean little to me. I've been a baseball fan for over 60 years, and every day I lose more and more interest in the game. Evidently nobody thought it important to do some polling on what subscribers used or wanted. Looking for players in the new format is a gigantic pain. It is slow loading, and for I'm sure many of us includes information that is simply useless. Get off my lawn.

Comment

Well, there was a "poll," sort of. It was site analytics, which showed clearly that relatively few people used the MACK, and when the fact of declining use was combined with the technical difficulties of sustaining it, the decision to replace it seemed pretty straightforward.

Now, in hindsight, it appears that every single subscriber who still used the MACK really, really, really liked it, and used it extensively despite its flaws. And all of them are announcing their displeasure with authority. Which is their right. And it is also their right to decide that the site no longer serves their needs, and halt their subscriptions. (Although it seems a little churlish, or something, to criticize a fantasy baseball website for failing to serve interests other than fantasy baseball.) And yes, again in hindsight, HQ might have done more to prepare people for the transition away from the MACK, or to prepare folks for the workaround.

(I don't think there is any way they could have done this at a different time, given the impossibility of making a change during the season and the need to devote October and November to producing the Forecaster.)

Again, anyone is entitled to feel that this site does not serve their personal needs. But HQ works hard to serve subscriber needs, and the MACK kerfuffle is an exception rather than the rule. I'm staying.

Comment

Working...
                              X