Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When calculating End of Year results, what to do with injured players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When calculating End of Year results, what to do with injured players?

When using the MACK to help achieve rankings for BOY, what would you reccomend to do with injured players? If they might come back in a month? or less? Should I just use the stats of the BOY of the injured player or the substitute player? Very difficult this year with so many injuries. I was just wondering what others do. I usually do my second projection around Mem Day. thanks doc

In most cases, if a player is injured and will be out for a chunk of time going forward, his projection should be already be updated to include the expected DL time. So, for instance, if you look at Craig Wilson as an example, he's only projected to get a total of 40% playing time the rest of the way. Thus, his injury is factored into the projections (perhaps overly so in this case, given recent positive news about Wilson's return date).

What you might want to do for an approach is to include your injured players in your projections, then add in a pro-rated projection for what you'd get from your injury replacement. So you'd take Wilson's projection as is, but then pro-rate whoever's in his roster spot right now to factor in what that guy would give you over the month or so that he'll be active while you wait for Wilson.

Comment

thanks ray

Comment

Working...
      X