Custom Draft Guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Draft Guide?

Is there a way to sort by position in the CDG that can be copied into an Excel sheet (CSV)?

There is a full list option using CSV, but that doesn't work for me, I need positional sorting.
    Analyst

Copy the HTML and paste it into Excel

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler View Post
      Copy the HTML and paste it into Excel
      Or once you get to Excel you can sort by position.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post

Or once you get to Excel you can sort by position.
        How?
        Analyst

Comment

If you cut and paste the grid into excel it is sorted for you, by value. Or, you could get Rotolab and have it done for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post

How?
            Tell me what you mean by the CSV export of the full list "doesn't work for you".

Comment

Re how to cut and paste the grid into excel

in CDG, generate the values for your league setup
              On the page that comes up, select Grid
              HIghlight the grid (I use mouse click to highlight all the players in the grid, as well as the positions in top, then CTRL C, or copy or whatever you like to do to make a copy of the selection). I also click on "Add $ values so they are displayed."
              Open up blank excel sheet and in the top left cell, hit paste
              Then with a little column movement, you have a grid sorted by position, by $ value

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post

Tell me what you mean by the CSV export of the full list "doesn't work for you".
                I don't want to have hitters sorted by $ all mixed together, as they are on the CSV full list. I want them sorted by positions, then ranked by $s. For example, I want to be able to look at my list and ascertain which 1Bmen are available and what estimated price to pay. A mixed list, as the CSV is now, is not useful for me.

But I've already entered the names by hand now, so I won't waste your time. Next year, I may ask this question again.
                Analyst

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler View Post
                  Re how to cut and paste the grid into excel

in CDG, generate the values for your league setup
                  On the page that comes up, select Grid
                  HIghlight the grid (I use mouse click to highlight all the players in the grid, as well as the positions in top, then CTRL C, or copy or whatever you like to do to make a copy of the selection). I also click on "Add $ values so they are displayed."
                  Open up blank excel sheet and in the top left cell, hit paste
                  Then with a little column movement, you have a grid sorted by position, by $ value
                  thanks.
                  Analyst

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post

I don't want to have hitters sorted by $ all mixed together, as they are on the CSV full list. I want them sorted by positions, then ranked by $s. For example, I want to be able to look at my list and ascertain which 1Bmen are available and what estimated price to pay. A mixed list, as the CSV is now, is not useful for me.

But I've already entered the names by hand now, so I won't waste your time. Next year, I may ask this question again.
                    Here's a solution that may or may not work depending on which browser you are using.

If you look at the top of the output page, there are two lines: HTML reports and CSV reports. The second option on the HTML line is "Positional Report." This sorts into buckets by position and then by value. Players are listed at every position where they qualify (e.g. Bobby Witt Jr. is with both the shortstops and third basemen). Outfielders are all listed together, as are pitchers.

You can't download this list as CSV, but you can copy and paste it into your spreadsheet program, in some browsers (and spreadsheets) anyway.

The other way to do it is to start with the CSV file and then sort using the column "Pri Pos" as the first sorting variable and then "R$" as the second. The column is blank for pitchers so you should fill that with some value - "1" is available and will work. You'll then have to make manual adjustments for players who qualify at multiple positions, whether it's copying and pasting lines or just marking them (I use color fills).

Comment

Working...
                    X