Hold % data; QS stat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hold % data; QS stat

It appears HLD % data is missing from the Oakland A's Depth Chart page, TBD or needs refreshing? Not sure if other teams' data is complete.

Re: stat Quality Start, it seems the projections are underestimated with not one SP garnering 20 such starts (Gausman 19), at least comparing against the part two years' actual counts, e.g. 2022 had 12 players with 20+ QSs (high 26) and 2021 had 8 players with 20+ (high 27). Verlander only proj 10 Quality Starts? It's a new league stat this year and I'm trying to use projections in draft prep. Thanks.

I think SF is also missing Hold%. I've contacted team analyst to get those added.

I'll take a look at QS in my next update, this weekend. That's a little more complicated, will require some digging.

Comment

Great. I mean if you had Verlander at 20 GS and only say 110 innings, then 10 QS is reasonable. With the top end pitchers throwing 160+ innings with ERA 3.00 - 4.00, I would think they would project more QS. But the algorithm is likely more complicated than that.

Comment

Originally posted by fanmanone99 View Post
        Great. I mean if you had Verlander at 20 GS and only say 110 innings, then 10 QS is reasonable. With the top end pitchers throwing 160+ innings with ERA 3.00 - 4.00, I would think they would project more QS. But the algorithm is likely more complicated than that.
        Yeah, I need to dig up the algorithm and take a look at it. The QS projection is based on the pitcher's historical PQS data, like X% of PQS-5's are QS, Y% of PQS-4's, etc. But I haven't looked at the weightings on those PQS scores in the last few years, and my off-the-cuff suspicion is that the PQS-to-QS ratios have shifted over time. I'll dig into it and report my findings.

Comment

Working...
        X