No announcement yet.

Time to UPDATE your Orioles pitchers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to UPDATE your Orioles pitchers!!

Jorge Lopez. All-star closer! Not a word from this site? Ryan B, it's time! When I attend First Pitch Forum in the past, you guys have always been responsive. It's time to update Lopez and FELIX BAUTISTA. You seemed to indicate; Mountain is not ready for prime time. Editor, editor. It's time for an update. Thanks. - Mike Berney, LONG time subscriber

What is it that you are looking for BaseballHQ to update?

Guessing that you might think that our ROS projections are too pessimistic on these two relievers:
    - Bautista is projected for a 2.40 ERA / 1.1 WHIP despite a mediocre projected K/BB Cmd ratio.
    - Lopez' projection is still pretty bad, but considering he entered 2022 with MLB ERAs in the sixes for his prior three years, one can understand why the projection hasn't budged a lot.
    "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Yeah, this is kind of the peril of projecting relievers. Our system is designed to respond (slowly) to in-season skill changes, but Lopez throwing 41 good innings isn't supposed to make us totally forget about his history.

We started out at 5.12 ERA for his Opening Day projection, so balance-of-season 4.50 is a real improvement. (Also worth noting that he's got a still-nice 2.98 xERA against that 1.74 xERA).

Comment

First post since 2010 for mlbbirdfan! We hope you hang around and talk some more.
        "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by Michael@HQ View Post
          First post since 2010 for mlbbirdfan! We hope you hang around and talk some more.
          The Bird fans are coming out of hiding! Good to see

Comment

Working...
          X