Ohtani hitter and pitcher value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohtani hitter and pitcher value

The Custom Draft Guide (https://www.baseballhq.com/members/t...layer_valuator) always generates an Ohtani hitter value which is equal to the Ohtani-pitcher value. Can the hitter value can be calculated independently of the pitcher value?

Right now we can only calculate his value at his primary position, which is currently set to DH. If we flipped that to pitcher, we'd get his pitcher value. We're working with our stat provider on a way to fix this, but progress has been slow.

Comment

It would seem the solution would be to manually add an independent player to your file which has only Ohtani pitcher projections.

Comment

Originally posted by ErnieN View Post
        It would seem the solution would be to manually add an independent player to your file which has only Ohtani pitcher projections.
        Yes, we could do that, and it would work in the offseason for projections-only. But once we get in-season, we need to be in sync with our stat provider to incorporate in-season stats, decay and adjust the projections based on the in-season stats, etc.

Comment

FYI, Custom Draft Guide now generates two separate values for Ohtani the hitter and the pitcher.

Comment

Ray, I just ran it for my AL-only and get $35 as both a hitter and P. Is that a coincidence or still not separate values? I have him in a league with daily moves so have always been curious as to the total value!

Comment

Send me your settings, but it might be a coincidence. I just ran him for a 10-team AL-only 5x5 and got $32 batter/$15 pitcher, so it is valuing him separately.

Comment

Still getting $36 for both. It's a 12 team AL-only with $300 budget. Std 5x5 except OBP instead of avg. Balanced valuation. Std. 23 man lineup.

Comment

Same. $24 on each side. AL -only. 5x5.

Comment

Do you guys have him set as a keeper?

Comment

Nope

Comment

Thanks, we're looking into it.

Comment

I don't set keepers.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                            Thanks, we're looking into it.
                            This is fixed again. Ohtani now generating separate hitter/pitcher values in CDG. (If you do straight 5x5 scoring, the values are pretty close, which is just coincidental.)

Comment

Thanks, Ray!

Comment

Working...
                              X