Today's Market Watch ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's Market Watch ...

... says we should sell high on A.O. Nunez. "Here you have an extreme groundball hitter who's a .242 lifetime hitter. He has a bad batting eye, so-so contact ability, and little power (his career high for homers is four.) Yet he's already got four homers this year, and his BPIs bear zero resemblance to anything he's ever done. ... This is a case of a player whose value will never be higher ... "

Yet, just three days ago, the Speculator said Nunez was a MI to "tuck away": "His current .333 BA is likely over his head, but if he can sustain his early improvements in CT% (93%) and EYE (1.33), he could gain playing time. And Nunez has always had latent speed skills, should opportunity and increased on-base ability coincide. Deeper league players may want to tuck away this potential 20-SB source."

Three days, two completely different reports. Which is it? Sell high or tuck away?
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance." -- James Madison

The Speculator is just what it says it is. As the end-disclaimer reads, it focuses on the longshot percentage plays for those who need to take a chance. The Market Watch columns are the analyses that provide the firmer percentage plays.

Comment

I've always thought "longshot percentage play" was an oxymoron.
      "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance." -- James Madison

Comment

My 'Speculator' column is charged with finding "20% and under" plays. The higher-percentage play is definitely to sell on Nunez... but if you can't find a buyer (doesn't everyone want Abe?), or are absolutely desperate for some SBs in a deep NL-only, maybe you gamble that Nunez fulfills the upside I wrote about last week.

Comment

Working...
        X