problems with Mack Tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with Mack Tracker

I am having probs with the Mack Tracker in regards to saving teams.
    I already know about the prob with the name saving..that is no big deal.

The problem I have is that it will save my teams for brief periods and then when I visit back in a couple days, teams will be missing all together or partial teams missing.

I don't understand this.

Is there a problem with Mack in this way?

I don't think it is a cookie prob, because like I said it will orig save my data, and I can shut down comp, then revisit site, but then it will just randomly drop teams in no specific order.

Also, I have purchased a new IMAC OS X and at first tried to use the Mack Tracker on that, but it would not work..any insight on this?

I am currently using a PC laptop for all the information, I keep trying to store.

thanks again.

When you create the teams, they get stored in a cookie on your local machine. So if the team isn't there when you come back, something has most likely removed the cookie from your browser.

Sorry, that's the best I can do. Post back if that doesn't help.

Comment

I'm having the same problem. This morning I took my saved team, and tried to delete one pitcher, and it deleted all my pitchers. So I re-entered my pitchers, and ran a couple of reports. Then I went back to the team builder section, and all of my batters were gone, but my pitchers were still there. I don't feel like re-entering all my batters, so I'm giving up on Mack.

Comment

It's definitely a MACK problem, not a computer-specific problem. I have used MACK on a Windows machine at work, and my OS X machine at home, and they both work, and they both see the same problem.

I inputted an entire league into Mack, all 12 teams. I noticed after I put about six teams in, the first team or two disappeared. I put those teams back in, and they stayed. But then when I put more teams in, the first group again disappeared. When I put those teams back in, the later teams disappeared. It was consistent, and all during the same session, so nobody messed with the cookie.

MACK just can't handle a certain number of teams without problems. For the record, this particular behavior was noticed on a Windows NT machine.
        MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

Nick? A Windows box? !!!
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Originally posted by DAVITT@HQ
            Nick? A Windows box? !!!
            I used to work at a place that ran on nothing but Linux and Macs, plus a couple of laptops that ran Windows. Needless to say, we had no problems at all with anything on the Linux and Mac boxes, but no end of trouble with the Windows boxes.

At this company now, it's Linux and Windows, and I have a Windows box. I have no choice in the matter, but I do note with wry amusement how often the systems guys have to recover from crashes and corruption. So sad to think most people have no idea that computing does not have to be this way.

Comment

I have had this problem for 2 years with many different computers. BBHQ has always said it was just me. It is really a shame, I just don't have the skills or expertise to input all of my teams into spreadsheets to come up with projections. I would hope HQers would just admit the problem and either fix it or tell us how to fix it on our end.

Comment

We are aware that there are some problems with the tool, but the bigger problem is that most users are having NO troubles at all. That makes it difficult for us to replicate the problems on our end, isolate what specific scenario causes the problem (is it browser, system, firewall, coding??), and then find a solution.

That all said, we are in the process of restocking our technical staff and hope to address all these issues as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience as we work through this.

RON@HQ

Comment

I can reproduce it at will. Just give the word and I will experiment for you to help test it.

Comment

MACK

The MACK tool has too many problems to make it worth using. The only good thing about this is that Iwas forced to purchase the RotoLab software which is excellent. It's just a shame I have to pay for something BBHQ advertises that they provide. Also, RotoLab takes BBHQ projections and helps you calculate $ values for your leagues specificacations without all the weird discrepencies you'll find in the Custom Draft Guide. I still give BBHQ an A+ for their projections, BPI's and columns but the other tools fall a little short.

Comment

Working...
                    X