BBHQ Player Projection Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBHQ Player Projection Question

I've subscribe for many years and made some shrewd moves based on info gleaned from BBHQ. However, I have one thing that I would like to throw up for a suggestion.

Many times I'll be looking at a free agent pickup or a trade target based on info from BBHQ or elsewhere and I check the BBHQ projections and player profiles as part of the research. The only problem is that sometimes even BBHQ's Market Watch projections are not reflected in the current player projections.

I know I have on occassion in earlier years let what turned out to be good players go by based on this only to have them show up with much better projections a week or two later. Had I had that info sooner I would've picked them up. But I know this is pure speculation.

So what to do? My suggestion for debate is this:

Is there a way that you guys could say asterisk players that "MIGHT" see a speculative upcoming increase in value (based on PT, call-up or something) and another mark of some sort for those who "MIGHT" see a speculative decrease in value for similar reasons?

It just might help "trigger" a second thought on players at roster move deadline time.

Thanks.
    "Get your a** back there! The only thing you know about pitching is that you can't hit it". ~Bob Gibson to his catcher Tim McCarver when McCarver approached him on the mound.

I hear ya

BBHQ isn't designed for up to the minute info on player projections and values. I think your best option is to use BPI's to project your own info based on new info. For example; BBHQ still projects Barret to have greater value and more AB's than Greg Zaun. I believe Zaun will get more AB's than projected since TOR let Myer's go and brought Huckaby up. Zaun has a higher PX and xBA than Barret so even though his value projects less I'm taking my chances with Zaun. BBHQ just gives you tools, you gotta think for yourself a little bit. That said I would be interested in some kind of upside/downside projection, maybe a range i.e. sean casey 15-25 homers, willy mo pena 10-50 homers some people are more willing to gamble and i don't think the projectons fairly reflect players with high upside.

Comment

I think maybe you misread what I was trying to say. I am not asking that BBHQ think for me, but reinforce the projections with a trigger to remind us or alert us that certain players MAY be moving up or down based on information and ability.

I glean all I can from this site and it is the BEST hands down. But there are times when I'm not quite sure what to make of the paragraphs written or I read several things that are conflicting and then times when due to workload in "real-life" that I miss some things.

Perhaps I rely too much on the projections, but each Friday I download the current projections put them into my own spreadsheet that have all my league team players marked and sort them and look over free agents and compare who's moving up or down and look for trade targets. If I had another mark of some sort (like in the draft sheet grids where they mark one players as could exceed and another who is a risk) it would help me.

The REL and DL headings are a big help and I applaud the formulator of that idea.

Anyway it's just a thought and I thought I'd express it. I think everyone here puts his own thought into his own league and decisions, but many do like opinions and a head's up on things.

There are a lot of "Who Do I Start or Who Should I Take or Which One of These Players is Best" threads. I'll bet you the posters themselves have their own opinions and know what they are going do, but they post to see if someone may come up with something that they didn't think of or re-analyze their current thinking. We have this site..why not take advantage of it. Besides, most aren't ignorant and want someone else to do all the work for them...they just want info and second opinions....and you can't get them from your competitors in your own league. LOL
      "Get your a** back there! The only thing you know about pitching is that you can't hit it". ~Bob Gibson to his catcher Tim McCarver when McCarver approached him on the mound.

Comment

ya ay

I see what you mean, It is the best info and we all prob have our own ways of extrapolating the best info besides the $ values.

Comment

Working...
        X