Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do projections represent after the season begins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do projections represent after the season begins?

I found the projections (once combined and edited to calculate & sort by my league's scoring framework) to be very effective for draft preparation.

I'd like to continue to use the posted files, but to use them properly I'd like to better understand what they represent. Are they....
    - Revised projections for the entire season totals?
    - Projections for totals for the remainder of the season?
    - Projections for a given weekly period within the season? I'm sure this is not the case, but an additional projection like this would be fantastic for setting lineups!!

Thanks for any help.

In the in-season projections starting 4/15, there will be two sections for each player... YTD numbers including BPIs, and balance-of-the-year projections.

Comment

Remaining Season

The weekly projections will reflect the revised estimates for the remainder of the season.

I find that they are very useful for guaging where you are at various points during the year. What I do periodically is to take the actual stats, YTD, for each team, then add them to the projections for the remainder of the year, and come up with a projected finish for the season. This enables me to have a better sense of where the opportunities are on my team and where I need to concentrate on improving, either through trades or FAABs.
      "Well, in all my years I ain't never heard, seen nor smelled an issue that was so dangerous it couldn't be talked about. Hell yeah! I'm for debating anything. Rhode Island says yea!"
      - Stephen Hopkins, Delegate from RI in the film "1776"

Comment

Re: Remaining Season

Originally posted by maisany
        What I do periodically is to take the actual stats, YTD, for each team, then add them to the projections for the remainder of the year, and come up with a projected finish for the season.
        I do this every week, simply updating the league current standings and the master data HQ files each week and letting the sheet do the work with VLOOKUPs.
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Working...
        X