Commisioner Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commisioner Question?

I am a commisioner of a 9 team NL only keeper league. A 4th place owner just dropped Looper @ $12 and picked up (a recently made available) Jeroime Roberston as a free agent @ $10. (He would rather have Robertson next year @ 10 then Loper @ 12).

This owner is currenly in 4th place in saves and will likely drop a spot or two because of this. This move will also affect our first place owner, becuase he will likely get Looper off of waivers and will bolster his save standings.

The owner who dropped Looper instinsts that Looper will loose his job soon. He wanted another starter instead. A few owners in our league are very upset becuase it will be harder for them to catch the 1st place team as a result of this move.

They are asking me to investigate this and put something in place to prevent this in the future. My response is that I cannot legislate bad moves by an owner.

Any one else have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

I don't think it's a bad move. I also think Looper is a couple of bad appearances away from losing the closers job. The owner probably should've shopped him to the other teams to see if he could get a better option than Robertson, but even so, if he likes Robertson better then there's really nothing to complain about, in my opinion.

As far as the other owners being upset because it's harder for them to catch the 1st place guy - too bad! They could've hit the guy up for Looper (or another closer), and they either didn't or didn't make a good enough offer. Unless there was some kind of collusion between the 1st place guy and the 4th place guy, then there's nothing here but a bunch of whining.

Comment

How does the first place team get Looper off waivers? In our league the waiver wire choices go from worst to first, so all the other owners would have to pass before the first place team got a shot at claiming a player off the wire.
      "A republic if you can keep it."

Comment

Re: Commisioner Question?

Originally posted by Cardinals
        They are asking me to investigate this and put something in place to prevent this in the future. My response is that I cannot legislate bad moves by an owner.
        I absolutley agree that you can't legislate against bad moves (not that I feel this particular move is bad). If you're going to legislate against anything, I'd agree with Apple Pie and prevent the first place team from getting first shot at players on waivers.

David

Comment

As has already been said, you really can't legislate against stupidity.

OTOH, in our league (and nearly all I've seen), the waiver claims priority goes in INVERSE order of the standings, so no way would the 1st place team get a crack at a closer on the waiver wire - someone WAY below him would claim Looper first - and THAT is something you should fix ASAP.

Comment

Working...
          X