position eligibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• position eligibility

I need a Games Played at Each Position table for every AL player. I thought I saw one in the Draft Support Center, but now I can't find it. Basically, our league has a 20 game eligibility rule and I'm just looking for a reference table I can access at the draft to check on position flexibility as the draft progresses. Where do I find that?

Just use USA Today's stats. Here's the link:

Comment

Wow. Forgot all about USA Today. Never go there anymore. I got it, thanks. I know you all are feeling like you've got plenty to do to maintain customer satisfaction, but this would be a nice feature to add at some point. The USA Today link will suffice, but, for what it's worth, you can't download the data into an Excel sheet, and pasting it into a sheet dumps all the entries for each player into a single cell so you then have to parse it etc etc. And I can't match it up with, for example, players now in the AL, so I have to get both the NL and AL sheets (done). It'd be real nice to be able to download an Excel sheet from the Draft Support Center, for example, that had games played at each position for all players currently draftable in an AL only league, or, better yet, be able to say you play with 20 game eligibility and want to see all AL players available at each position.....

Just so you know, add me to the list of people that didn't realize you were having any problems until Ron's posting about how awful your service has been. This site is far and away the best.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by thfenn
        The USA Today link will suffice, but, for what it's worth, you can't download the data into an Excel sheet, and pasting it into a sheet dumps all the entries for each player into a single cell so you then have to parse it etc etc.
        Actually, there is a way to do this:

1. Highlight all of the player data on the Web page -- start with the first heading, "ANAHEIM ANGELS", and highlight to the very last player.

2. Use "Paste Special, Text" in Excel. Everything will be in Column A, as you noted.

3. Select Column A, and change the font to a fixed-width one like Courier New.

4. With Column A still selected, click "Data, Text to Columns", and click Finish.

Comment

I've got an Excel macro that opens the USAToday.com positional eligibility text file and parses the fields and saves it in a useable format. You certainly can load it into Excel.
          "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Tom, thanks. Instructions worked perfectly. You don't actually need the Paste-Special Text option - I opened up the sheet I'd pasted everything the data into and proceeded with the fixed font and data - text to columns steps - worked perfectly.

Comment

Working...
            X