Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mea Culpa from Ron

Ron:

Don't know about others, but in all honesty I have not even noticed the problems (well, apart from the team name issue in the MACK engine). I subscribe to HQ for the projections, news, analysis and forums and feel I definitely get my money's worth.

Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Anyway - apologies not needed and please keep up the good work.

The place I noticed problems was the custom grid which I used the past couple years. It's very useful for me since my league uses a different salary structure than the typical one. This year, it gave screwy results, making the $ cutoffs in odd places.

But all in all, still very pleased with HQ. I subscribed to BP this year also and while some of their articles are interesting, there's really no comparison for fantasy purposes. HQ is way ahead.

Keep it up, Ron. We'll live through the growing pains.

Comment

Agree with Putty

I also subscribed to BP this year for the first time. No comparison at all. For fantasy purposes, HQ is head and shoulders above them or anyone else for that matter.

Appreciate the "mea culpa" Ron. Some days have been frustrating (the MACK engine, custom draft guides), but all-in-all, still the best fantasy site money can buy--by far.

Comment

Hey guys,

On behalf of Ron and the whole staff here at HQ, thanks for the supportive words. Having been on the front lines of the Custom Valuator issues this month, I can tell you that it has been frustrating at times... but by the same token, you readers have by and large been very patient and understanding. It makes my job easier since I've been delivering bad news here in the forums at times, so you have my thanks for not letting the problems get to you.

March is always a grueling month for Ron, I'll bet that by the time first pitch is thrown on Sunday night, he'll look something like a catcher who caught both ends of a double header!

Ray

Comment

I dig HQ, great vibe and great work. (And great posts.)

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ
            March is always a grueling month for Ron, I'll bet that by the time first pitch is thrown on Sunday night, he'll look something like a catcher who caught both ends of a double header!
            Uh, Ray, I've met Ron -- isn't that what he always looks like?
            What's the rumpus?

Comment

These sort of 'tell all' notes from Ron are what keep me coming back. I subscribed to the Bottom Line last year, and he basically admitted that it didn't work, and was up front about it. If the whole corporate world operated like BBHQ, customer satisfaction would be through the roof.

I am puzzled why some of the issues are taking a long time to resolve. I don't know what kind of database underlies the BBHQ site, but I keep thinking that it shouldn't be that complicated to fix some things. Obviously, it is, and I appreciate the effort, but I wonder if more radicaly site surgery isn't in the works.

Comment

Working...
              X