HQ's Player Projection Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HQ's Player Projection Updates

Are updates routinely posted Fridays? Early, or end of the day?
    (Standard 14-team, 5x5, mixed, keeper. $260. 1.39 inflation at the top of each position. Ten-man Reserve squad populated by a non-positional, post-auction draft.)

By noon. Often even Thursday night.

Comment

Indicate Last Updated Date?

Any chance the last updated date can be indicated where we downloade projections? That way we wouldn't have to download, open, and analyze the files to determine if the updates were loaded yet.

Comment

Cubs, there IS an update date at the very top of each projection file. For instance, this week's files have 'April 1, 2005' right at the top. Isn't that what you're asking for?

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ
          Cubs, there IS an update date at the very top of each projection file. For instance, this week's files have 'April 1, 2005' right at the top. Isn't that what you're asking for?
          Actually Ray, he has a point.

There is no way, without first downloading the file, to know whether the file is the latest or not, since the file names never change.

I don't think it really a big deal but a minor annoyance that could easily be remedied, either by an indication in the link text of the date of the file, or by the actual file name reflecting the date of the projection.

It's a small web usability point but it's always a good idea to give people as much information as possible so that they know what they're downloading before they actually do it.
          "Well, in all my years I ain't never heard, seen nor smelled an issue that was so dangerous it couldn't be talked about. Hell yeah! I'm for debating anything. Rhode Island says yea!"
          - Stephen Hopkins, Delegate from RI in the film "1776"

Comment

Fair point, Maisany... here's how I get around that: I open the web view of the html projections file first, which also has date in it. If the date is updated there, I download the excel files.

Comment

Yes--click one of the View Files links (to the left of the Excel sheets) and click your "Stop" button as soon as the file starts loading. You will see the top of the projection page, with the date.
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Working...
              X