5x5 value question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5x5 value question

I was looking at Ben Broussard's 5x5 value in playerlink and just can't figure out how he has a projected value of $14 with an actual to date of $7.

His actual to date numbers are:

.256, 8 HRs, 27 Rs, 29 RBIs, 1 SB in 199 ABs

His projected numbers are:

.256, 8 HRs, 31 Rs, 28 RBIs, 1 SB in 203 ABs

So, his projected numbers are essentially identical to his year to date numbers yet with a projected value double of what he's earned so far.

I just don't get it. A little explanation would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Season is two thirds over....

It might have something to do with MLB having played roughly 2/3 of the season. Were we at the halfway point, even production past and future would evaluate the same. We're not.
    "I don't know if it's good for baseball, but it sure beats hell out of rooming with Phil Rizzuto." -- Yogi Berra on Joe DiMaggio's marriage to Marilyn Monroe, quoted by The Boxing Register.

Comment

Right. The $260 budget isn't prorated based on the amount of the season that's been played. If a player is projected to be worth $14 over the next two months, that does not mean that he's going to earn $14 of his total season value over the next two months, it means he's going to be worth $14 relative to the rest of the league during that time period.
      20-Team Mixed Dynasty | 14 Hs, 10 Ps, 5 res., no limit DL | 5x5: AVG, HR, RBI, SB, OPS; W, S, ERA, WHIP, K-BB | Draft | Keepers limited only by salary cap, values based on ADPs w/ discounts for <3yrs service time) | 2-Time Champion; 2-Time Runner Up since 2005
      12-Team NL Dynasty | 12Hs, 9 Ps, 1 swingman, 4 res., 4 minors, 4 DL | 5x5: H, OBP, HR, RBI, SB; W, S, ERA, WHIP, K-BB | Draft | Keep 17 (fixed-length contracts, no salaries) | 5-Time Champion; 3-Time Runner Up since 1999

Comment

Working...
      X