Weird problem with importing Player Projections into Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird problem with importing Player Projections into Excel

I customarily copy and paste the HQ projections (hitting, in particular) directly into my Excel pricing spreadsheet, which I have set up to hide all but the "essentials".

Difficulty arises when I try to create draft lists by position. To do so, I have to change some of the HQ positions. All OF's become "7", for instance, and I change multi-position players to what I think are their most valuable position.

Anyhow, after I do this, and try to sort by position, the HQ "7's" (for instance) sort out separately from the 7's which I have manually entered. The numbers which I enter manually also go to the right side of the cells while the HQ positions stay on the left side.

I figure it has something to do with the cell formatting, but if I reformat the whole column it doesn't seem to solve my problem.

Any ideas?
    http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

The numbers which I enter manually also go to the right side of the cells while the HQ positions stay on the left side. I figure it has something to do with the cell formatting, but if I reformat the whole column it doesn't seem to solve my problem.
    You figure correctly! Sometimes Excel just sucks, don't it? Easy fix though.

1) Enter the number 1 in a cell.
    2) Copy that cell.
    3) Select the range of positions.
    4) Paste special:multiply:values.

All the values should now be numeric and right justified.
    "Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man." -- The Dude

Comment

Working...
    X