Rotowire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotowire

Is it my computer or are others having trouble with getting anything from the ROTOWIRE link?

When I go to the ROTOWIRE page I get all the links but the rest of the page is blank/white.

If it's my computer, what should/can I do?

Thanks

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

It happened to me Sunday for a while then it came back. It just now (Tuesday night) happened again. I thought it was my computer too but now I'm not so sure.

Comment

Shoot them an email. I've found them to be extremely customer friendly.
      What's the rumpus?

Comment

Thanks, Old Tom . . .

However, I'm talking about the button found on BHQ's home page -- the one on the left of the home page that says, ROTOWIRE & LINKS, beneath the INJURY CENTER and above the SUBSCRIBER FORUMS buttons. Normally, when I click this button it takes me to updated ROTOWIRE blurbs and also provides links to other info sites and soon, after the season starts, box scores, etc.

Now, when I push that button I don't get any of the ROTOWIRE info.

Comment

D'OH!

That's what I get for PWT (posting without thinking). Anayway, I just tried it and got all the RotoWire news and commentary.

BTW, it looks like you are (or will be) getting all of the news and commentary at the same time as it is posted on RotoWire.
          What's the rumpus?

Comment

I'm having the same problem. Is there supposed to be Rotowire news on the Rotowire link:

All I get are links on the side and a blank page in the middle.

Please help.

Comment

That's weird. It works just fine for me.

I see stuff like this...

Kerry Wood - P, CHI-N Mar 10 12:29 PM
              Wood returned to Chicago on Thursday to have his right shoulder examined, the Associated Press reports. RotoWire.com Recommends: Wood, who missed two months last season because of tendinitis in his right triceps, felt tightness in his pitching shoulder on Wednesday and left the Cubs' spring training game before the third inning. "After what happened last year, this is just precautionary," Cubs manager Dusty Baker said. "It was just a matter of him going back and seeing our team doctor. Right now, it's nothing. We just decided to do this for a precautionary sake." We'll continue to keep you posted on this situation.
              Dallas McPherson - 3B, ANA Mar 10 8:11 AM
              McPherson had an epidural Wednesday morning and will miss 2-4 weeks with a herniated disk in his lower back, according to the team's official site. RotoWire.com Recommends: McPherson's prognosis is worse than initially hoped, placing his prospects of getting ready in time for Opening Day in jeopardy. If his treatment proves successful by the front end of the 2-4 week window, McPherson would have as many as 12 spring training games left before the start of the regular season. Manager Mike Scioscia believes that time frame could be adequate. Anything longer, though, would probably command a trip to the disabled list.

etc.

Comment

That's really odd. I just tried again and I get a blank screen. Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Comment

Still . . .

I still don't get exactly what DeanW quoted he's getting and I'm having the same troubles as Pudge.

I'm just assuming it's due to some configuration of my computer that some third grader could figure out but I don't.

I've turned to USA Today to get my news.

Comment

Re: Still . . .

Originally posted by Arnie
                    I'm just assuming it's due to some configuration of my computer that some third grader could figure out but I don't.
                    I don't think so. I have been using IE, but I downloaded and installed Netscape and I'm still having the same problem. It's definitely not a browser setting, unless there's something screwy about browser default settings that I don't understand.

It'd sure be nice to hear from the HQ folks on this.

- Pudge

Comment

Yeah, I sure don't understand what's going on either. I have tried using my normal browser (Firefox) and also IE, and it works fine for me using either of them. Strange......

Comment

I am also still having the problem. Rotowire content no longer appears on my page at home. However it does still show without problem on my office computer. (Don't tell my employer.) I sent a message to BaseballHQ tech support but was advised only that they would pass on the message to Rotowire. This is getting problematic, especially since I will be off from work the week before my league auctions.

Comment

I'm not having any problems at all, either with IE or Firefox. (I'm not the HQ tech guy, but I assume that there's just a link to the RotoWire service.)

What about this link? Does it work?

Comment

Originally posted by TOM@HQ
                            What about this link? Does it work?

http://www.rotowire.com/partners/baseballhq/
                            Yes, but it simply redirects the browser to the non-subscriber HQ home page.

- Pudge

Comment

I downloaded Firefox and installed it. I still get a blank screen.

I think it's safe to assume the problem is not with the browser.

- Pudge

Comment

Working...
                              X