Hitting/Pitching Splits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitting/Pitching Splits

Overall, my league seems to have a 60/40 Hitting/Pitching Split.

If I want to use a 70/30 split for my team,

what values should i use to get player value in the custom valuator?

Should I use 60/40 or 70/30 ?

Obviously, if I use 70/30, my value on pitchers would seem to be worth less than what the league's market value is..and I am afraid I may devalue a pitcher's price.

Or, do I use the 60/40 split to get the values, and then using those values, adjust my team's split to the 70/30..

any help on this would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Overall you should use your league's split (the 60/40). Then in your budget you only afford the 30% of your team budget on pitching. Otherwise you'd wrongly think no pitcher (just about) was worth bidding on and similarly wrongly think that every hitter (just about) was going for a bargin price.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Remember that you need to take two set of values to the auction:

Market value -- what your leaguemates believe players are worth (use the 60/40 split for this)

Projected value -- what you believe players will be worth (use the 70/30 splits for this)

The variance between the two is where you find bargains, or where you find players whom you value highly and will bid to the limit.

Comment

Randall. What do you think I should do when the numbers from the CV show some guys being worth $20 more than they go for in auction. Should I consider a $50 Helton who CV says is worth $77 (in my league) to be a bargin?

Comment

Yes.
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Working...
            X