Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new subscriber forum of great use

Ron,
    How about a "Platooning and daily roster" forum.
    the benefits would be as such:

subscribers would only post reccomendations to play or sit players for specific match ups and days.. This would eliminate some of the panic-ridden titles in the other forums.

you could suggest a format:

player name, date of matchup, opponent, play/noplay

then the subscriber can discuss why, show splits, talk about rivalries, etc..

This part of my daily league takes a lot of time.. it would be great if people were discussing players strengths vs. situations.

e.g. time to sit Shandler, He is usually good vs. lefties, but he has never in his career hit one of Deric's pitches. (out of 20 ab)..

This is why I don't run a daily transactions league... we do moves twice a week. I am fairly bored by the idea of playing matchups and splits and histories against specific pitchers... too much work and not enough reward. I get to do that in Fantasy Football anyway, and it's enough of a headache just doing it for 14-16 games! As far as I understand the HQ philosophy, the idea of roster churn is anathema anyway--HQ tries to focus on the long-term play.
    20-Team Mixed Dynasty | 14 Hs, 10 Ps, 5 res., no limit DL | 5x5: AVG, HR, RBI, SB, OPS; W, S, ERA, WHIP, K-BB | Draft | Keepers limited only by salary cap, values based on ADPs w/ discounts for <3yrs service time) | 2-Time Champion; 2-Time Runner Up since 2005
    12-Team NL Dynasty | 12Hs, 9 Ps, 1 swingman, 4 res., 4 minors, 4 DL | 5x5: H, OBP, HR, RBI, SB; W, S, ERA, WHIP, K-BB | Draft | Keep 17 (fixed-length contracts, no salaries) | 5-Time Champion; 3-Time Runner Up since 1999

Comment

Interesting, but it would still be valuable

on a week by week basis this would still be valuable.

This isn't about daily transactions, this is about daily or half-weekly playing/not playing players.

This would take NO effort from baseballhq, and get the panic notes in the general forums to one section..

it would also let those of us that are in a league that allows you to play different players, (which is a lot more of us than you realize) to interact and benefit from each other's research..

It is better to cater to us, than to expect us to change the style league we are in'. We arent going to convince our 13 other players to change, so we can prepare more/or less.

Cheers,

I hope this forum at least, gets tested.

Comment

Good idea

I think the new forum ideas are a good one. One of the things we at HQ can do is be more accomodating to leagues that have daily roster moves and shallow leagues.

Ron is working on a few things to address those players for next year...

Comment

Yeah, there's no reason we can't try this out. I'll see about getting the new board created.

RON@HQ

Comment

Working...
          X