Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to include OPS in custom draft values?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to include OPS in custom draft values?

Hello,

My 5x5 Roto league (15 teams, mixed) uses the following categories:

BA
    HR
    RBI
    OPS
    SB-CS

WHIP
    ERA
    Ks
    saves + holds
    quality starts

Any ideas on what would be the best way to enter these into the custom draft values generator? I'm most concerned about OPS and wins.

I have tried BA, HR, RBI, SLG, SB-CS

and

HR, RBI, SLG, OBA, SB-CS

and

I have tried subbing wins - losses for quality starts.

thanks for the help,
    Scalawag
    Scalawag

I think W-L is probably the best choice for quality starts that is on the menu.

As for OPS, can you just do 6 categories at one time? Esentially you are doing six categories, it's just you are combining OBA and SLG into one. May not be perfect but should be close.

Comment

thanks Gerald

Thanks Gerald,

The substitution of OBP + SLG for OPS had occurred to me, but I was afraid that creating 6x5 scoring categories would overweight hitters. Does not seem to, however.

Barry Bonds comes in at something like $92 when I include OBP + SLG !

Scalawag
      Scalawag

Comment

Using SLG and OBP separately shouldn't overweight hitters relative to pitchers, since you determine the hitting/pitching split in the setup. But it would overweight guys like Bonds, who are awesome in SLG and OBP, and less stratospheric in the counting stats like HR and RBI.

My suggestion would be to run the valuator once with SLG, and once with OBP, then average the two valuations. I'd be curious as to how different the results you get are from using the 6 x 5 setup.

Comment

Working...
        X