Draft grid help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft grid help

I'm not sure how I should input my league specs into the Custom Draft Grid generator.

My league is an NL-only daily tranny H2H league that uses 9 daily line-up slots: C, 1b, 2b, 3b, SS, LF, CF, RF, Utl. That's nine hitters in our daily line-up. For pitchers we have 7 daily slots, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P.

The daily hitting and pitching slots total 16 players. But each team carries a 23-man roster, plus two DL slots that are almost always filled. Most teams carry four extra hitters and three extra pitchers on their bench for free substitutions.

So when I input the league specs, should I use the 9 and 7 numbers for the actualy daily slots available? Or should I used an *estimate* of 13 and 10, which is a fairly representative of a typical roster, and accurately reflects the total number of players that will be rostered (at least 276)?
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance." -- James Madison

The intended breakdown should be number of players who are accumulating stats/points for you. With daily trannies, that suggests that you'll be using most/all of your pitchers. For hitters, it gets a little fuzzier.

But you're mostly going to be concerned with relative rankings, so that suggests that you want to use 13/10. I'd probably do that, and then draw a line in your rankings for players who project well enough to be "starters", ie the 9 hitters and 7 pitchers x your number of teams.

Comment

Working...
    X