Draft Guide Custom Value Disparities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Guide Custom Value Disparities

Why are the player values in the custom draft guides so much different than the published values from the Forecaster? They seem to start at roughly the same numbers with the most valuable players, but fall off very quickly into negative numbers as you move down the list. E.g., Toby Hall is in the Forecaster at $6.00, but is at $-14.53 (?!) in the draft guide for a standard 5x5 $260 AL/NL league (and $2.24 for an AL-only league).

What am I missing?

custom value disparities

I noticed the same thing, and also seemed to me that the relative value of players had changed. Seems that the mixed league custom values increase the relative importance of steals. Is this logical due to the relative scarcity of steals in a mixed league, or simply a quirk of the custom value generator?

Comment

The Forecaster book values are based on standard league sizes -- you cannot compare at all with mixed league values. (Yes, Toby Hall is a non-draftable player in a mixed league.)

The custom valuator model is based on the scarcity valuation system -- as described in the FAQ on that page http://www.baseballhq.com/subscribe/custval.shtml -- and the reason for the discrepancies so noted.

Comment

Ahhh

Thanks. Sorry. Guess I should have read the FAQ first.

Comment

Working...
        X