BaseballHQ and Rotolab software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BaseballHQ and Rotolab software

Has anyone heard if Rotolab will be available for 2005. Unless I am missing something, I could not find info.

Yes, Rotolab will be available through Baseball HQ again in 2005. However, we will not be taking orders until after the first of the year as the software will not be available until late January.

RON@HQ

Comment

Rotolab software

Is Rotolab software useful for Scoresheet players? It appears to have the stat categories that make the most sense when "valuing" players for Scoresheet purposes but I'd be interested in any feedback from anyone who has tried to apply it to Scoresheet. Thanks.

Comment

I used Rotolab for my Scoresheet draft last year with some success... admittedly, the ever-accomodating Merv made some custom tweaks to the software for me to allow me to use RAR as primary valuation, etc.

He told me last year that he would make some Scoresheet-friendly changes in this year's application update, so it's definitely worth checking out when released.

Comment

Ray, thanks for the response. I will check Rotolab out when the 2005 version is released in January. Have you tried using any other software for setting up Scoresheet leagues, valuing players, etc.? I use Benson's software for years when playing rotoball and have tried to come up with weightings for key categories that would give me something close to a RAR value for Scoresheet purposes but without much success. Also, can you download HQ stats into Rotolab throughout the season for projection purposes? I use the M.A.C.K. engine for my teams but I'd like to be able to load full leagues and get a feel not only for how the rest of my season might go but for the oppostion as well. Thanks again and Merry Christmas. Dick

Comment

I've not tried Benson's software or any others, consensus on these boards last year was that Rotolab was light years better. And yes, you can download weekly projection updates into the tool.

Comment

We haven't officially announced it yet, but you can now load up to 12 teams in the MACK engine.

RON@HQ

Comment

Thanks, Ray and Ron. I will definitely give Rotolab a try this year. Also, 12 teams on the M.A.C.K. engine will be very helpful. I will be able to track my 8 Scoresheet teams on one computer instead of using my wife's for some of the teams. She will appreciate that! Thanks again. Dick

Comment

runruhjr, at the request of Ray last year, I put in RAR as a choice in the value systems so you can use the RAR values in the BHQ projections files to rank your players. Since this year's version of the software will support straight drafts (snake draft actually), you can use it for your ranked list. But if you bid on your players you can use it in an auction system as well.

-Merv
                  RotoLab

Comment

Working...
                  X