Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBS HQ League (1-yr league) - any takers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS HQ League (1-yr league) - any takers?

An idea popped into my head to start an HQ-only league with one of the CBS formats. I was just thinking it would be interesting competing against fellow HQers in a vacuum.

I would like to do a 5 x 5 platinum league ($99.95/79.95) with both AL/NL. I'm willing to do a gold league in any other roto (Standard ROTO, ROTO Plus, or 5x5) format, including AL-only or NL-only.

I don't want to buy another team and start a private league without seeing some interest, but if we get enough I'll start one up.

Anyone interested?

Don't forget about the upcoming HQ Subscriber Leagues, which will again be hosted by CBS Sportsline. They are all 5x5. Mixed/NL/AL based on amount of interest we get in each.

Comment

I am interested. Would surely make it more interesting than the average public league.

Comment

I went to the Milpitas(capitol of the Silicon Valley)..... ok San Francisco seminar and was wondering the same thing?

I would be nice to be in a league with only fellow HQ'ers but doing a auction instead of a snake draft.

I almost asked if there would be an interest with the 50 people in the room but time ran out.

It would be fun to get a SF bayarea auction league together and either do a live draft(preferable) or online draft with HQer's. I don't care if it is NL, AL, or mixed.

Any interest?? I would even volunteer to be the commis if that would help.

My email address is jwillh9181@aol.com.

john

Comment

Tom,

Are there postings for those leagues? I didn't see anything other than the 15 team FM league.

Comment

Originally posted by gamers41 View Post
            Tom,

Are there postings for those leagues? I didn't see anything other than the 15 team FM league.
            The official signups will begin within the next week or so. There will be a prominent link on the main page. The FM league is a special version of an HQ subscriber league, one where most of the owners carry over from year to year. It is actually the league that spawned the whole subscriber league offering.

Comment

Thinking about it, a better way to do it would be to do a subscribers league and pay the $150 for the commissioner's fee. If we get 10 teams @ $100/team, that's $100 and we would have $850 to pay out instead of the $600 winner-take-all of a CBS platinum league.

Comment

Thinking about it, a better way to do it would be to do a subscribers league and pay the $150 for the commissioner's fee. If we get 10 teams @ $100/team, that's $100 and we would have $850 to pay out instead of the $600 winner-take-all of a CBS platinum league.
                That's something you'd have to do on your own. The HQ leagues are low-cost ($25) and casual, with nominal prizes. We wouldn't get involved with anything like what you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM@HQ View Post
                  That's something you'd have to do on your own. The HQ leagues are low-cost ($25) and casual, with nominal prizes. We wouldn't get involved with anything like what you're talking about.
                  Yep, that's why I started the thread. Above I meant to allude to a HQ subscribers-like league.

Comment

Okay, I know I keep posting random ideas, but ...

CBS has a free commissioner if you follow their setup, so that's obviously the way to go (and probably how the HQ leagues are managed, duh!).

So, this would entail pooling funds and a little more management, but I think this would be the best way to go if we could get enough interest. Right now, it seems like interest is tepid at best. I've only gotten a couple of responses so far.

Comment

Okay, I know I keep posting random ideas, but ...

CBS has a free commissioner if you follow their setup, so that's obviously the way to go (and probably how the HQ leagues are managed, duh!).
                      Actually, we don't use their free version, since we want to control all of the league settings and rules. For example, their game has first-come, first-served free-agent pickups, which we don't do.

Comment

Working...
                      X