RotoLab 2013 - Mac Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikeup View Post
    I can just see myself explaining that delivery to my wife.

"Why we do have a second laptop that's 5 years old?"
    "Uh...that's my draft computer."

The reply would undoubtedly be a silent but eloquent series of eye rolls, sighs, and head shakes.
    You only need a 10 year old laptop! Maybe as you explain how much cheaper it is compared to buying windows emulation software for your Mac her eyes will just glaze over and you'll be in the clear!
    http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

Comment

Will we ever see a version for an IPad?

Comment

One thing working BADLY against an iPad version is apps are sold through the Apple App Store and Apple takes a 30% cut right off the top. Not exactly inviting. There is a saying in development circles that tablet apps are created to sell tablets, not make developers money. For every Angry Birds story, there are thousands of apps that the developers wished they hadn't ventured into. And that is mass market apps, for niche market apps like this the going is even tougher. Will just have to look at things after I get the Mac version done.

Comment

Originally posted by usualsuspects View Post
          her eyes will just glaze over and you'll be in the clear!
          I rely on this tactic pretty often.
          ROTO: 12-team, 1-C, 3-OF, 1-Util, no MI/CI, daily transaction, 5x5 (OBP/QS) Mixed, Keeper auction (keep max. of 5 players at +$5 each year kept)

Comment

Originally posted by ncarlisle View Post
            Ugh that was his same response last year. I would pay twice as much to use this program on my MBP, and I refuse to partition my MBP to run windows.
            I asked the same question last year. RotoLab for Mac was not happening. He said he wasn't close but was going to work on it in "the offseason." He didn't want to promise me anything at the time, but he did say that he hoped it would be a possibility. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but it looks like he's done a lot of work and made up a lot of ground. Whatever happens, I appreciate his efforts. RotoLab is incredible software.

Comment

Since adding a non work related piece of software is forbidden on my work PC and my wife has a Mac, I dust of a very old laptop that my wife kick to the curb many years ago when the draft season rolls around. The old laptop is affectionally called "Super Computer" by my league members because you literally need two hands to carry it. Unfortunately the Super Computer will just shut down on a moments notice with no warning - as it did several times during the draft last year. Fortunately I hard a hard copy of Rotolab and I managed to win my 14 team league despite my conversative money spending nature. Because I am thin skinned, I might go the "buy a cheap PC route" this year vs. another year of verbal abuse. I am still trying to process the whole thing. Bottom line: Be Prepared and Buy Rotolab...
              Windy City
              2002, 2009, 2012 & 2014 Dual County League Champion

14 Team Mix 4-Player Keeper League - Snake Draft
              Hitting: BA, HR, RBI's, Steals, R, OBP and TB
              Pitching: Wins, K's, ERA, WHIP, S, Innings and Quality Starts

Comment

Originally posted by pate View Post
                One thing working BADLY against an iPad version is apps are sold through the Apple App Store and Apple takes a 30% cut right off the top. Not exactly inviting. There is a saying in development circles that tablet apps are created to sell tablets, not make developers money. For every Angry Birds story, there are thousands of apps that the developers wished they hadn't ventured into. And that is mass market apps, for niche market apps like this the going is even tougher. Will just have to look at things after I get the Mac version done.
                I don't know about other, but I'd pay extra for an iPad app.

Comment

Originally posted by JimTurkey View Post
                  I don't know about other, but I'd pay extra for an iPad app.
                  I second that!

Comment

Going to reset my own comment from last year re: iPads and Rotolab: "Just an FYI - last year I used the iPad "TeamViewer" app to access my desktop remotely on draft day. I'm told the app is like go2MyPC, but for an iPad. I've never used go2MyPC, but TeamViewer worked like a charm. Pretty sure the app is still free for non-commercial use. Great workaround for those of us who like tablets and can't wait for Merv to come up with an IOS platform. (Slacker)."

So long story short: if you can load Rotolab onto a PC, you can later access it via your iPad. Give yourself about 20 minutes to learn the right "screenstrokes," and you're golden. I've done it three years running now.

Comment

Any update here?

Comment

Originally posted by worm33 View Post
                        Any update here?
                        On what? Rotolab questions should be directed to info@rotolab.com .

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                          On what? Rotolab questions should be directed to info@rotolab.com .
                          Well there are a lot of people interested in this, so I thought i would direct the question here.

Comment

This isn't the Rotolab support forum. If you want an update from Merv, email him. The community here is great for user tips, sharing notes, etc. But it is explicitly NOT a support forum. Just need to make that clear.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlantern_1 View Post
                              Going to reset my own comment from last year re: iPads and Rotolab: "Just an FYI - last year I used the iPad "TeamViewer" app to access my desktop remotely on draft day. I'm told the app is like go2MyPC, but for an iPad. I've never used go2MyPC, but TeamViewer worked like a charm. Pretty sure the app is still free for non-commercial use. Great workaround for those of us who like tablets and can't wait for Merv to come up with an IOS platform. (Slacker)."

So long story short: if you can load Rotolab onto a PC, you can later access it via your iPad. Give yourself about 20 minutes to learn the right "screenstrokes," and you're golden. I've done it three years running now.

Has anybody else tried this setup? Sounds pretty cool.
                              http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

Comment

Originally posted by worm33 View Post
                                Any update here?
                                I am going to start back work up on it tomorrow, but it is not looking good for this year. Just too many loose ends and 2 or 3 major functional areas are being ported right now and are not operational. We've also got a serious illness in our family right now, just takes up time and energy when you are dealing with as a family. Last year I thought I could have something out by now, but a lot of the work was still left to do. This year, it is different, the code is pretty far along, and I am getting much more familiar with the Mac. Many of the screens look great and are functional now. But I've packed so much into RotoLab over the years, there is just a lot to do. I hate to disappoint everyone that is waiting on a Mac version, but that is the lay of the land right now.

-Merv
                                RotoLab

Comment

Working...
                                X