on-line leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on-line leagues

anyone recommend any quality on-line leagues?

Welcome loose....

Perhaps a little more detail about what sort of league/format you're looking for?

Comment

standard roto 5x5 mixed league....entry fee no more than 500...any thoughts?

Comment

15-team NFBC-style league needs a couple owners.
        Buy-in $250. No trades (like NFBC) to prevent collusion.
        E-mail steve@osowski.org for more info.

Comment

CBS Sportsline has several levels of leagues ranging from free (no good, people don't really try and some just use for experimenting) to around $500 entry. I have been playing in the cheapest ones ($40 for the first, 30 for each additional) just for the entertainment value. My "real leagues" are somewhat high priced. I can't speak for the higher priced CBS leagues, but the lower ones will have some really bad trades, but if there are protests, they go to someone in the dark recesses of CBS to review. It's a snake draft. I actually played 7 of these last year: 2 Roto, 5 H2H. The first Roto, I drafted as if it was H2H and only noticed in Round 11 or 12 that is was Roto. Of course I won this one and finished near last in the other one. I made the playoffs in 4 of the 5 H2H and won 2.

The downside is the payout. Only 1st place gets paid and (at least for the lower priced leagues) it is only about 50% of the total fees. It is a somewhat higher percentage for the higher priced leagues, but still not great and only one payout.

All in all, it is fine if you just want to play in a cheap league - I probably wouldn't recommend for a higher priced league.

BTW, I like your name. Are you a horse racing fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Cigar View Post
            CBS Sportsline has several levels of leagues ranging from free (no good, people don't really try and some just use for experimenting) to around $500 entry. I have been playing in the cheapest ones ($40 for the first, 30 for each additional) just for the entertainment value. My "real leagues" are somewhat high priced. I can't speak for the higher priced CBS leagues, but the lower ones will have some really bad trades, but if there are protests, they go to someone in the dark recesses of CBS to review. It's a snake draft. I actually played 7 of these last year: 2 Roto, 5 H2H. The first Roto, I drafted as if it was H2H and only noticed in Round 11 or 12 that is was Roto. Of course I won this one and finished near last in the other one. I made the playoffs in 4 of the 5 H2H and won 2.

The downside is the payout. Only 1st place gets paid and (at least for the lower priced leagues) it is only about 50% of the total fees. It is a somewhat higher percentage for the higher priced leagues, but still not great and only one payout.

All in all, it is fine if you just want to play in a cheap league - I probably wouldn't recommend for a higher priced league.

BTW, I like your name. Are you a horse racing fan?
            Thanks Cigar for the reply but that hold back seems excessive, and yes the track is my first love. GL this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew07 View Post
              15-team NFBC-style league needs a couple owners.
              Buy-in $250. No trades (like NFBC) to prevent collusion.
              E-mail steve@osowski.org for more info.
              I concur!!!

Comment

Working...
              X