HQ Forums Upgrade - July 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Astros34 View Post
    Is t just me or is the forum formatting wamboozled all of a sudden?
    "Wamboozled"? Is that anything like "wankerjawed"?

Comment

Seems to be normal again.
      John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

Originally posted by Astros34 View Post
        Seems to be normal again.
        Yeah, I think that was just you.... at least, I didn't see any problems beyond the known ones, and hadn't heard of other reports.

Comment

Any word on the "No titles in the 'Subscribed Threads' Results List bug? Any estimate as to when it might be fixed?

I find it to be really irritating, especially when I'm trying to view subscribed threads via Safari on my iPod Touch, and can't hover a mouse over the thread to at least see the starting sentences. I assume I'm not the only one seeing this, though I haven't seen anybody else list it here.

Thanks for whatever info you can pass along on this.
          2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

No doubt, we need to get that one in particular cleaned up. I'll see if I can get an update. Thanks for continuing to bear with us here, we'll get these loose ends taken care of.

Comment

Thanks, Ray. Believe me, I know the pain of a software rollout with unanticipated consequences. I just figured I'd ping to see where this particular one stood.
              2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

The text bug should be fixed now

Comment

Originally posted by MikeK@HQ View Post
                  The text bug should be fixed now
                  Indeed it is. And this was the very first thread I logged into, just to say, "Thank you!"

Comment

Success of Unread Button?

Is anyone else having issues with the unread button on posts? This is one of the best features of the forum to take you to the newest posts on a thread. Lately, I have been only taken to the first post of these threads. Could this be related to firefox, do I need an add-on to make it work?
                    "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

Comment

Just read all the posts and unless I missed it not one favorable comment regarding the change. Count me as another questioning why was it done when it was done. In the future can something like this be done in the offseason?

Comment

Originally posted by jtownjohn View Post
                        Is anyone else having issues with the unread button on posts? This is one of the best features of the forum to take you to the newest posts on a thread. Lately, I have been only taken to the first post of these threads. Could this be related to firefox, do I need an add-on to make it work?
                        Yes, this is working for me, if you're referring to the circular icon with the double down arrows in it, just to the left of the thread title. When I click on that, it brings me to the first unread post in the thread.

Comment

It looks to me -- and I could be wrong here -- as if that "first unread" button now takes you to the first unread post on that specific computer. That feature used to keep track of your readings across computers. I notice it because I tend to access the site from a few different computers -- home, work, and my iPod Touch. (If I had to guess, I would guess that means the new software tracks "first unread" by cookie now, instead of holding that information with your account on the server, but that's really just a guess.)

I've noticed a new oddity the week -- the pull-down menus on the top toolbar ("Quick links", "BaseballHQ Tools", etc.) don't seem to display the options on my work computer, which runs IE 8.0 on WindowsXP. These menus are displaying correctly on my home computer (IE 8.0 on Windows Vista) and on Safari my iPod Touch.

Comment

Originally posted by jtownjohn View Post
                            I noticed that I had to log on, but you must have done that at least by the time you made the above post.
                            "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by Patioboater View Post
                              It looks to me -- and I could be wrong here -- as if that "first unread" button now takes you to the first unread post on that specific computer. That feature used to keep track of your readings across computers. I notice it because I tend to access the site from a few different computers -- home, work, and my iPod Touch. (If I had to guess, I would guess that means the new software tracks "first unread" by cookie now, instead of holding that information with your account on the server, but that's really just a guess.)
                              Interesting. Seems like a reasonable guess. I'll try to pay attention to this and see if I can confirm.

Originally posted by Patioboater View Post
                              I've noticed a new oddity the week -- the pull-down menus on the top toolbar ("Quick links", "BaseballHQ Tools", etc.) don't seem to display the options on my work computer, which runs IE 8.0 on WindowsXP. These menus are displaying correctly on my home computer (IE 8.0 on Windows Vista) and on Safari my iPod Touch.
                              I'll see if I can get my hands on an IE8 machine to confirm this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                                I'll see if I can get my hands on an IE8 machine to confirm this as well.
                                Thanks, Ray. It's just IE8 on Windows XP that's given me this issue. IE8 on Windows Vista seems to work fine.

If you can't reproduce it, I'll take another look at my work setup and see if there's anything else that might be distinctive, but for the most part I try to maintain a really vanilla setup.

Comment

Working...
                                X