HQ heavy league needs 1 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HQ heavy league needs 1 owner

In my 12-team NL-only 5x5 league hosted on CBS Sportsline, one owner has been forced to drop out due to time constraints. We're going into the 6th season for this league and it's the only opening this year. This is a league that has two HQ writers as owners, and several other owners are HQ readers and even forum regulars. But, and this is important, this is a peaceful league. That is, we get along, things run quietly and well, it's friendly but not too active. In other words, it's an ideal 2nd league for you. If you want heavy trash talking and constant message board wars, this is not for you. But if you want a well run, competitive, HQ-oriented league that will not take up too much of your extra time, this is your league.

The live auction will be held online on Saturday, March 29th beginning at 8pm ET using Fantasy Auctioneer. If you cannot make that date, that's that.

The open team finished 8th last year. You get to keep as many as 15 keepers out of the following roster:

C: LoDuca, $15
    1B: Pujols, $54 / Berkman, $25 / D. Young, $4
    2B: Phillips, $1 / Belliard, $5 / Sanchez, $3
    SS: Drew, $1 / Loretta, $8
    3B: Spiezio, $1
    OF: Alou, $19 / Church, $1
    P: Bailey, $1 / Bush, $12 / Capuano, $17 / Mitre, $8 / Vargas, $1 / Qualls, $5
    MLers: A. LaRoche, 3B / Rasmus, OF / Stubbs, OF / J. Garcia P

If you would like to compete against a relaxed and friendly bunch of guys, several of whom you will know from HQ, and you think you could be an asset to this type of league, and you can make it to our live auction on the 29th in the evening, PM me here and please tell me briefly your experience with keeper leagues and what you think makes a good league.
    MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

I dropped you a PM Nick.

Comment

And the opening is now filled. Thanks.

Comment

Damn, right as I was about to PM you. If an something opens, let me know.

Have a good season

Comment

Kudos Nick on filling your opening.

Having read your initial post, I am wondering if you perhaps were thinking that the HQ Forum Masters League was not a league for everybody? It can be entertaining and fun to participate, but participate you must !!

Good luck to your teams this year Nick.
          Manager in 15-owner 5 X 5 hybrid mixed league. Using only 10 AL & 10 NL teams. 5 X 5 league using I.P. instead of K's. Also an owner in 10-team N.L. only league. Former owner in the Baseball HQ Forum Masters League.

Comment

Originally posted by davanwie View Post
            Having read your initial post, I am wondering if you perhaps were thinking that the HQ Forum Masters League was not a league for everybody? It can be entertaining and fun to participate, but participate you must !!
            Yes, you must!

I was just trying to point out that some leagues are raucous (Forum Masters) and other leagues are serene (this one). Everyone knows the atmosphere they like in a league and I wanted to be up front about what to expect.

Boy, I got a lot of responses for this opening. I could almost start a new league . . .

Comment

id be interested...
              "I can see how he won twenty-five games. What I don't understand is how he lost five." - Yogi Berra on Sandy Koufax - 1963

Comment

Originally posted by jonnygomez View Post
                id be interested...
                Opening was filled, as per the 3/10 post.

Comment

What's the Forum Masters?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom View Post
                    What's the Forum Masters?
                    It's a subscriber league that keeps some of the same owners from year to year. It's essentially the first-ever subscriber league. There are a ridiculous number of "trash-talking" posts over in the HQ Subscriber League forum.

"Masters" is more relevant to their posting frequency (see: Old Tom, Patioboater, circle360.)

Comment

Working...
                    X